New to SoCal

pony30

Aug 8, 2015
Hi All,

Just relocated to SoCal. Read the 2015 Hunter digest and looks like I missed tag application deadlines. Do I have any chance at getting in the field this year? If I purchase a license are their any opportunities for over the counter tags etc.??

Thanks for any insight. Thanks again.

Sean

Hey welcome. Ther are LOTs of OTC tags but not the best zones and with out scouting it's going to be hard. May want to get into all the other hunting this year and hit the deer early next year. Lots of help here on the site lots of grèat guys. What area of so cal are you in?

GSPman said:
Hey welcome. Ther are LOTs of OTC tags but not the best zones and with out scouting it's going to be hard. May want to get into all the other hunting this year and hit the deer early next year. Lots of help here on the site lots of grèat guys. What area of so cal are you in?

In Irvine now, just bought a house in Corona. Figured good tags would be taken up. That being said, recommend and zones in particular for archery or muzzy? Willing to drive a bit, and never mind hiking and scouting. Just want to get out there. Thanks!

pony30 said:
GSPman said:

In Irvine now, just bought a house in Corona. Figured good tags would be taken up. That being said, recommend and zones in particular for archery or muzzy? Willing to drive a bit, and never mind hiking and scouting. Just want to get out there. Thanks!

D15 is in your backyard and south from you in Corona.

Yeah if you buy AO you can hunt archery gear only in the Dzones around you and throughout the state. If you get a D15 tag you can also hunt D11 and D13, which is the general buck season. (Archery, Muzzleloader, rifle, etc)
Good luck!!

Lungpopper said:
Get an AO tag. You can hunt any of the D zones with archery equipment during the general seasons.

+1..........And there are rifle tags for places like D-15 & 19, I believe........Pretty close to home too.

ilovesprig said:
Lungpopper said:
Get an AO tag. You can hunt any of the D zones with archery equipment during the general seasons.

+1..........And there are rifle tags for places like D-15 & 19, I believe........Pretty close to home too.

Thanks everyone, all good to go. Got my AO tag and looking forward to getting out there. Hope all are having some luck out there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu