NEW TOY

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
She's almost complete. Picked her up from FFA today.

Rem 700 blueprinted trued action
Tig welded the bolt.
Fluted the bolt
Installed larger recoil lug
25" Brux #4 contour w/1-8.5 twist
Chambered to 6.5X284 Norma
Tactical bolt knob
Muzzle brake

Trigger tech trigger (on order)
McMillan HTG stock
Seekins bottom metal
Two 5 round mags. (having two mags modified to three rounds)

Swarovski z5 3.5x18x44 with BRH reticle
Leupold low rings
EWG rail

She weighs 10 pounds as she sits right now with the bipod

The work on the action was done by Long Rifles Inc.
The ceracoating and the brake was done by Fine Firearms

Attachments

• IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1670.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Goyaałé
Awesome build Darryl. Can't wait to see it smash some game. Hat's off to Fine Firearms and JP for getting this project started and completed. This rifle is one of many that Fine Firearms has put together and they all shoot lights out!

Attachments

• Fine.jpg
    Fine.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 43
Randomshot and I made a run to the desert yesterday to stretch out and see what we could do. I had my 6.5x284 but it stayed in the case for the 100 yard sight in. Random and I checked zeros on my 7mag and his 7RSAUM at 100.

Then backed out to 1,000 to play. We had a 13 MPH cross wind at a 87 degree angle. Put all the dope in istrelock and broke out the 6.5x284, dialed for the range and held 2 mills for the wind and let her rip. I was pretty happy that the first shot (cold bore) was on the gong, and really happy after shooting two more at it and seeing the 5"group at 1,000 yards.

Fine Firearms did a kickass job of setting me up with a shooter that when you pull the trigger you know the bullet will hit where you want it to hit.
Thanks again guys.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 31
Damn that will get it done.....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu