New turkey hunter

rg619

Mar 16, 2013
Hello all. I have hunted in mo before but not ca. I want to try some turkey hunting and I was wondering what the deal is with tags and without getting to detailed( I know how hunters are), some places in San Diego to turkey hunt. Thanks for any advice given

Welcome! We have a honor system here in Ca. You'll need a ca hunting license and a upland gam bird stamp/endorsement. We have a good amount of public land but it gets quite a bit of pressure. Best bet is to get a local forest service map and check out the green colored public spots. The turkeys can be found north near murietta, east to anza borrego, south to the international border, and west to the miramar air base. If you're military there's turkeys on pendalton and the surrounding areas.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu