New Vortex Binos

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
Just recieved my new Vortex RazorHD 10x50's. Just using them to check out the hills around the house in good and low light, this was a great investment, coming from my $150 Burris 10x32's. Not gonna get them out hunting for a couple more weeks, but will review them then with some pics.

Attachments

• vortex.jpg
    vortex.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 294
So I've used these a few times now and so far they are amazing compared to old binos. Also picked up a badlands front pack to protect them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
Low light visibility is awesome through these, they are just as good as all the reviews I've read.

Next up is a tripod.

Bottom pick was at 200 yds, hard to tell but figured wth.

For the money, the Vortex glass are great.......... 8)

ps.....Despite having 10x42 Swarovski EL's, I still use my Vortex Diamondback's a lot (lighter).

When I was in Idaho a couple of weeks ago I had a chance to put a pair of Razors 10x50 next to my Liecas 10x42. We glassed till it was to dark to see and while it was getting darker we would switch the binos back and forth to compare. The Razors gave up a little detail to the Liecas in the last few minutes but you could still see the deer. For the money they are the way to go. Now to just get Vortex to put a 2,000 yard rangefinder in there Razor line and you will have a winner.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1243.JPG
    IMG_1243.JPG
    456.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 38
This is as close to a built in rangefinder as I can justify right now. I had a tough time stomaching the money for the glass, but am trying to upgrade my gear a piece each year, next year is going to be a long range style rifle(not sure what caliber).

Hope Idaho was good to ya Darryl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Adding this tripod W/bino adapter was a big game changer!!! Makes spotting deer over 500 yds much much easier.
Only weighs 2lbs and folds down to 14"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Jerry, its the only way to go as far as I'm concerned, and works out very well for me the way I have it set up on the badlands bono case.

Captaintb said:
Just recieved my new Vortex RazorHD 10x50's. Just using them to check out the hills around the house in good and low light, this was a great investment, coming from my $150 Burris 10x32's. Not gonna get them out hunting for a couple more weeks, but will review them then with some pics.

I just got an early Christmas present from my wife. Vortex Crossfire 10×42

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu