Newb looking for hunting partner in SD

And euros
Yass! & boar...I heard its hard/impossible in sd but, gives me a reason to be out tromping aro
And euros
[/QUOTat
Thanks for suggesting Euros! Took my son out first time today and that is what we ended up seeing. He is hooked (although he was bummed he hit it/but we could not find it, we may need to try different pellets?) He had so much fun he asked to go again tomorrow!

RE: Pellets - Highly recommend the following: H&N Terminator and Predator Polymag. (Checkout https://www.pyramydair.com/)

For birds, for some of them you'll need to make sure your point of aim tries to avoid going thru their wing feathers.

For example with Quail, it's astounding how much of a wallop some of them can take with a pellet if it hits the wing feathers. And definitely a Crows wing feathers are super tough. For better success, place the pellet at like the shoulder/neck junction just a little in front of where the wing doubles back when they have their wing folded in. Dove are significantly less of a problem regarding the wing feathers thwarting your shot.

Reactions: Littlmama
RE: Pellets - Highly recommend the following: H&N Terminator and Predator Polymag. (Checkout https://www.pyramydair.com/)

For birds, for some of them you'll need to make sure your point of aim tries to avoid going thru their wing feathers.

For example with Quail, it's astounding how much of a wallop some of them can take with a pellet if it hits the wing feathers. And definitely a Crows wing feathers are super tough. For better success, place the pellet at like the shoulder/neck junction just a little in front of where the wing doubles back when they have their wing folded in. Dove are significantly less of a problem regarding the wing feathers thwarting your shot.
Thanks for the tips Larry, I'll look into the predator polymag ammo & different shot placement is a deff must

Wow what an awesome thread and advice... gonna definitely look into trying to join up with other hunters hopefully lol. I hunt with another buddy ( well trying to) lol...we actually went down to sand Diego today in search of a hunting spot for turkey but were unsuccessful. But really thank you all for the advice and suggestion you all offer. And keep at it littlmama I just turned 33 and just started also so there is late bloomers lol. You can always reach out to us even though we have only new hunters knowledge so far lol.

Reactions: Littlmama
Going to poke around Henshaw today with my fishing bow from about 1pm to closing if anyone is interested in joining me. Still looking for hunting/scouting/range & fishing buddies in the SD area for week days. Any other outdoor luvin girls out there with some week days open?

Edit: Henshaw was closed today..just a heads up, if anyone is heading out may want to call first :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu