Newbie from Esco

shayes11

Nov 18, 2012
Escondido
Hello guys,

My name is Steven, 22 years old. Moved to Escondido about a year ago from Ridgecrest, Ca to put myself through the Palomar Fire Sciences Program. Grew up bird hunting my whole life (chukar, quail, ducks and geese) but since I moved out here I've been shooting my bow a lot. Just found this forum and it seems to have quite a bit of bowhunters. If anyone wants to get together and do some 3d shoots or some turkey hunting just let me know!! I'll be in Balboa in a few weeks doing that shoot or stop by Willow Creek. I'm in there 3 or 4 days a week.

Looks like a great site! Looking forward to participating as much as possible.

No I do not work at Willow Creek, I actually work for the City of Poway and have another job out in Carlsbad. I just shoot there after class and in my free time (what little I have).

Thank you for the warm welcomes. And yeah Ridgecrest was a blast, I lived on the outskirts of town so I could just ride my mtn. bike down the street and get a limit of quail or chukar. I mostly hunted the Owens for waterfowl, either the outskirts of the lake bed or walking the river for miles. I sure do miss all of that public land!! Went out to Julian today and I was afraid to step out of the car for fear of trespassing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu