Newbie to SoCal and Hunting

PRS Paco

Jan 8, 2021
Hey y’all, I’m fairly new to SoCal (Orange County). I’m 28 yrs old and have Ive been living here for almost 2 years now after being born and raised in Louisiana. I’ve recently gotten the urge to start hunting after purchasing my first rifle this past summer. Ive gone to the range quite a bit and particiapate in the PRS matches held in Piru and Pala. Last year i had planned to start hunting in the fall but life took over and I wasn’t able. With the start of the new year starting I’m planning on preparing for the season now. I’m going to start scouting the D15 zone near the Ortega Hwy later this month. Anyways just dropping in to Say, i look forward to talking to all you fellow hunters soon!

Reactions: Aeon and TRICER
Welcome the d15 is a rough spot. Get your onx map app and don't trespass. :) beware the big buck story on coal cyn :)

Last edited:
Paco,

Welcome to SCH...Ortega Hwy has deer...Old mentor of mine would get one there every year...

ps...Herb was friggin' mountain goat...lol

Yea i hear D15 has poor deer population numbers and its a lot of thick brush off the trails, but its close by and i can at least build some outdoor skills throughout the year while going there. Ill probably explor the trails south of bear canyon, like the trail up to Sitton peak.

Attachments

• A05912EE-192E-4316-B495-DA4C767A9E24.png
    A05912EE-192E-4316-B495-DA4C767A9E24.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Welcome. I shoot PRS at Pala too. I will introduce myself at the next match we are both at

Yea i hear D15 has poor deer population numbers and its a lot of thick brush off the trails, but its close by and i can at least build some outdoor skills throughout the year while going there. Ill probably explor the trails south of bear canyon, like the trail up to Sitton peak.
This folks!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu