jaymaiB4

Jun 25, 2024
Hello all. Am new here. Looking for recommendations for sabot slugs for a 12 gauge 870 remington express magnum I have a rifled barrel with cantilever scope mount with remington scope I tried shooting the new remington accutip sabot shells but they do not shoot well let me know your thoughts thank you!

Jay,

Welcome to SCH...I don't know much about slugs, but when I did try to pattern some...I found them terribly inaccurate.... :worried:

What game are you trying to hunt with them?...Because, unless it's private property or some special circumstance, here in Cali, there's no special hunts for shotguns...That includes south of S-2 in the San Felipe W.A., here in San Diego Co.

If it's deer or pigs, then you may want to consider a rifle...Lots of good guns these days that are quite reasonable in price.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
If you looking for non toxic good luck, i couldnt find them. Ddupleks makes some slugs and they promote California DFG approved but no one carries them in SoCal that i have found. I called Turners to see if i could buy online and have them shipped to them for pickup and background check but they said no ammo just firearms. Steel slugs are considered armor piercing and illegal from what i gathered, i found a guy that will cast bismuth slugs for reloading but they tend to break apart before impact. Closest thing I could put together is buckshot in TSS. There are no published loads so it is taking alot of testing. I will get there eventually although the expense is going to far outweigh the benefit. Love of the game i guess. If you come across any let me know, since you have a rifled barrel you may have more options available, i am trying to build something to shoot through a smooth bore.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu