Nice day for claming

Irvine

Oct 28, 2011
Was a nice day and tide but didn't get too many.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 24
SurfNHuntSD said:
Nice! I've never been clamming but always wanted to. My grandpa used to always talk of clamming Silver Strand and Coronado back in the 50s-60s.

Done it. Get a pitch fork and start poking around in the small surf you will find some. Sounds like a rock when you hit one. I wear a wet suit when I do it nothing worst then my waders getting filled with water plus you need to be able to go down to grab them. Be prepared for funny looks and a lot of questions.

Me and my dad dig for clams in board shorts with pitchforks. No need for waders or a wetsuit. Just don't get distracted when someone asks what you doing my dad stabbed himself in the foot a while ago while doing it when some tourist asked him about it. He stuck it out tho and got a limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu