Nice pheasant/dove opener

Sep 4, 2014
Vista
Went out to IV to hunt some pheasants in the AM and got a bonus coyote. After getting our limit in under 10 min with a double. Went to el centro for some dove and quail. Couldn't take any pics because it got to dark but 10 dove and 3 Quail was the outcome for the afternoon.

Attachments

• Pen1.png
    Pen1.png
    905.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Pen2.png
    Pen2.png
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Pen3.png
    Pen3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
Strong work Pendleton! I am heading down in the morning.

Nice bonus dog!

Suburban Adventuress said:
Wow, nice pheasants! Is that public land or private where you got the pheasants? I didn't know we had such beauties in IV aside from private hunts! :)

A number of birds were planted on the Heritage fields in the IV.....Not saying these are not wild birds.....But no tails would be one indicator.

Congrats on a good day.....Love the combo hunts in the IV.

I'm looking for a good hunt close to Palmdale so I can take my son. I went out here many years ago with my father but just don't remember where. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

So jealous, hunted both days this weekend in unusual spots for me at CDFW special hunts and got totally skunked. Had been planning on going to IV for dove and kinda wished I had. Oh well. Good job on the birds.

It was the public DFG fields in IV. The birds were missing tails and yup dfg planted the birds. There were a few females running around that I spotted before the seasoned opened up. Not sure if they were planted but they look a bit more wild.

Leon Lusika handles the planting of birds on the Heritage fields (paid for by our upland game bird stamp).....He releases some hens and I don't know why (we've had this debate a number of times).....I'm sure most are dead within a few days by the local predators (mostly Northern Harriers).....Good job none the less. They eat good..... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu