No more Bow hunting in Australia

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019

"The Government of South Australia is banning the use of bows and crossbows to hunt animals, effective 1 December 2024.

The Governor of South Australia has made a proclamation under section 66 of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972, prohibiting the use of bows and crossbows to kill all animals except carp."

I guess the bow manufacturers did not have enough resourses to lobby to keep bow hunting open.

The Aussies are probably going to go to NZ to bow hunt.

A person must have a firearm license to possess or use a firearm. License holders must demonstrate a "genuine reason" (which does not include self-defense) for holding a firearm license and must not be a "prohibited person".

National_Firearms_Amnesty_Print_Advertisement.pdf.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Well that sucks I was planning on going over there with my bow in the next year or two. I have an open invite with a friend in south Australia. I guess rifle it is.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu