No more Hunt results

TeamRoper

Oct 24, 2018
SoCalHunt
1 message
No attachment
Feb 21
[New post] SoCalHunt – “Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th… That’s all, folks!” (almost…maybe)
socalhunt posted: " Well, with the end of the 2022/2023 waterfowl season and the posting of the seasons ending stats for the hunting areas that SoCalHunt covers, I have decided to call it a...

Well first I'd like to say Thank You for your posts in the past. Great job I loved what you did! I always checked yer stats every week!
Sad to see ya go,but all good things dont last.
Be nice if someone took the reins and continued this great web site. Tnx fer everything you did and good luck on yer adventure.

I have SoCalHunt bookmarked on my computer. I have really appreciated the timeliness of the reports and all of the other material. It would be sad to see it go. Thank you (Fish Dog I believe?) for all the time and effort you have put in over the years! Hopefully someone will be able to keep it going!

I have SoCalHunt bookmarked on my computer. I have really appreciated the timeliness of the reports and all of the other material. It would be sad to see it go. Thank you (Fish Dog I believe?) for all the time and effort you have put in over the years! Hopefully someone will be able to keep it going!
You could bookmark the DFW site and get averages and top species also

Reactions: Scal les
From what iv seen everytime wister has a good week of hunting the score cards come out on the internet, the shooters start to show up ,hunting goes to chit & birds stay in the closed zones for 2weeks not sure how that's a good thang

Reactions: rusty shackelford
You could bookmark the DFW site and get averages and top species also
True but I'm pretty sure he would usually have the numbers posted day of or day after the hunt day whereas dfw only posts once a week...

From what iv seen everytime wister has a good week of hunting the score cards come out on the internet, the shooters start to show up ,hunting goes to chit & birds stay in the closed zones for 2weeks not sure how that's a good thang
The only people who think it’s a good thing are the ones who only hunt a couple times a year. I hunt there every weekend and as many Wednesdays as I can. I’d prefer no counts posted at all

For me I hunt all the spots that were posted. I don't hinder myself to one refuge.
So the bird counts determined where I'd hunt.
The only ones complaining are the ppl that don't get birds. From not doing the homework.

Used that site quite a bit, compiled all the historical hunter numbers last season to find the days the least amount of hunters showed up in the past for best chances to walk on.

Come on someone take this on!
I would consider taking it on, i am super analytical and like working with data, especially if i can find a way to centralize and graph it so it becomes visual. Will see what i can come up with last seasons data and will post it. He was able to get ahold of the hunt results really quickly, think he had an inside track, that may be hard to duplicate.

I would consider taking it on, i am super analytical and like working with data, especially if i can find a way to centralize and graph it so it becomes visual. Will see what i can come up with last seasons data and will post it. He was able to get ahold of the hunt results really quickly, think he had an inside track, that may be hard to duplicate.
I would reach out to him. I am sure he would help you get on track. It would be great if you picked this up for SCH!

Hunt results are only good for those who only like to show up only when numbers look good. To the dedicated they are a sore subject

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu