Non listed duck limits?

Rocked and Loaded

Mar 29, 2021
I’m hunting henshaw tomorrow and was looking at the limits on CAFW.

Are duck that aren’t listed just counted against the 7?

For example, could you just shoot 7 wigeon regardless of sex and call it a day?

Evan,

Better look at the regs again...There are pintail out there...Limit is 1...Haven't seen any bluebill (scaup), but the limit is 2...I shot a redhead Thursday...Limit is 2...Canvasbacks, limit is 2...They all add up in your limit of 7...Oh, and your limit on hen mallards is 2.

Good luck...If you don't know what the the duck is, text me.

Evan,

Better look at the regs again...There are pintail out there...Limit is 1...Haven't seen any bluebill (scaup), but the limit is 2...I shot a redhead Thursday...Limit is 2...Canvasbacks, limit is 2...They all add up in your limit of 7...Oh, and your limit on hen mallards is 2.

Good luck...If you don't know what the the duck is, text me.
Those are listed with their specific limits in the regulations. I'm pretty sure he was asking about ducks that aren't listed specifically, like, for example, shovelers. If their species isn't listed in the regulations then the limit is 7 either sex.

Those are listed with their specific limits in the regulations. I'm pretty sure he was asking about ducks that aren't listed specifically, like, for example, shovelers. If their species isn't listed in the regulations then the limit is 7 either sex.
Yes this is what I meant.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu