Noob kinda

Skunk

Feb 8, 2016
Hey Guys (and gals)
It was a decent duck season, got a turkey with my son (6) in Oregon, limits of doves and a rabbit but looking to do some local big game (I'm in the LA region) ;)
Looking to do a lot of scouting and homework with low expectations for bagging anything but looking to see some of you guys out there.
Any suggestions for kids to get acquainted and hopefully hooked is always appreciated. Got a 6 year old that loves it already, on land and on water. Daughter who is 4 is next in line.
Intro finished. Peace!
Skunk

Skunk,

Welcome to SCH.....Some really good deer hunters up your way and lots of threads on here to read about them.....What part of Oregon did you get your turkey?.....I'll be up there this spring (Medford).

Sweet. Looking to learn more about D11, D13, and D14. Late nights coming soon.
We were in Eugene area private land. There was 50+ birds that looked like ornaments on an oak tree when they staged at night. Really cool experience.
Thanks for the welcome!

Skunk said:
We were in Eugene area private land. There was 50+ birds that looked like ornaments on an oak tree when they staged at night. Really cool experience.
Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome skunk and good work getting your kids into it. That's not easy. Hats off to you. NWTF down here has a JAKES event that Sprig organizes every year in June. Worth the trip down here.

Bonejour said:
Skunk said:
Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome skunk and good work getting your kids into it. That's not easy. Hats off to you. NWTF down here has a JAKES event that Sprig organizes every year in June. Worth the trip down here.

Sweet. I'll look into that. Are you attending the San Diego Turkey Tune Up?
Going to check it out then head out on a 1/2 boat.

Man, I'm trying to learn how to reply and post properly. Sorry if it doesn't look right or done right. haha

Looks good to me......See you at the tune-up......I will be at the Fish & Wildlife Commissioners booth.

Attachments

• turkey tune-up 2012 017.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2012 017.JPG
    634.8 KB · Views: 18
Skunk said:
Sweet. I'll look into that. Are you attending the San Diego Turkey Tune Up?
Going to check it out then head out on a 1/2 boat.

Man, I'm trying to learn how to reply and post properly. Sorry if it doesn't look right or done right. haha
See you at STTU. I'll probably be checking people in. I'll be wearing a blue SCH hoody.

ilovesprig said:
Looks good to me......See you at the tune-up......I will be at the Fish & Wildlife Commissioners booth.

Great. I'll see you there. I'll have my 4 year old daughter with me. She's been asking to get out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu