Noob to bear

JR821214

Oct 16, 2016
San Bernardino, CA
Any tips or advise to get into Bear Hunting?
I have hunted Deer but never Bear, usually im in D11 & D14. I
My brother and I have wanted to try out a bear hunt but we didn't have an idea as of where to go or if you need dogs.
We had a tip from lytle creek ranger there was a bear in that area, that wasbefore the big fire this yr.
Any info would be much appreciated thanks ahead of time.

Yea don't use dogs. Bears are all over the place just like deer. You just have to find them. Glass, look for sign and get boots on the ground. I saw more bear sign this year hunting deer then any other year. Heck we even heard and smelled one. Eeewww.

Reactions: JR821214
Yea don't use dogs. Bears are all over the place just like deer. You just have to find them. Glass, look for sign and get boots on the ground. I saw more bear sign this year hunting deer then any other year. Heck we even heard and smelled one. Eeewww.

Will do thanks.
Haven't come across any signs yet. But im sure we will soon enough.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu