NWTF Sutherland hunts

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
My GF got drawn a couple years ago to hunt Sutherland land and we go out next Saturday. Just wondering if anyone knows how rhe hunts are going?

Any advice how to hunt browns cove would be awesome!

WILL BE CALLING
My GF got drawn a couple years ago to hunt Sutherland land and we go out next Saturday. Just wondering if anyone knows how rhe hunts are going?

Any advice how to hunt browns cove would be awesome!
Will be calling her on Wednesday.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
I have a hunt for next week in Corral Canyon. Can I hike the area a few days before hand to get a lay of the land before heading out at zero dark thirty?

You can look on onx maps. Right now the less people in the hunt zones the better for the next hunter IMO. The lake is open on Friday Saturday and Sunday, hunt day being Saturday.

You can look on onx maps. Right now the less people in the hunt zones the better for the next hunter IMO. The lake is open on Friday Saturday and Sunday, hunt day being Saturday.

Makes sense not to be stomping around any more than needed. I know that OnX is good but being on the ground provides a much better perspective.

I was told Wednesday was my day to be out there at 0400. Did I get something mixed up if you're saying Saturday is the hunt day?

Best way to hunt blindly is get there early listen for the birds then make your plan before flydown if you can otherwise in CC I've always seen them fly down head to the creek then go back under the oaks where they came from.
So if they the hit the water get in the oaks where they came from and be patient.

Don't make eye contact and ignore the horses and they should leave you alone.

Good luck!

Reactions: Sdhunt17
Best way to hunt blindly is get there early listen for the birds then make your plan before flydown if you can otherwise in CC I've always seen them fly down head to the creek then go back under the oaks where they came from.
So if they the hit the water get in the oaks where they came from and be patient.

Don't make eye contact and ignore the horses and they should leave you alone.

Good luck!
Good info thanks.

Makes sense not to be stomping around any more than needed. I know that OnX is good but being on the ground provides a much better perspective.

I was told Wednesday was my day to be out there at 0400. Did I get something mixed up if you're saying Saturday is the hunt day?
not sure who you are you can pm and i will call you for your hunt day.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu