ocean shooting

Moe Terboat

Jan 21, 2014
Random question but does anyone have information on shooting in the ocean. I would think once your a 1 mile off shore and the boat is stopped you should be fine. I see ducks fly by all the time out there and was wondering if during season I could shoot ducks flying by?

Cory,

As far as I know it's perfectly legal outside the city limit boundary of SD......Hunted SD Bay for many years.....Saw some surf scoters the other day.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    521.5 KB · Views: 25
  • san diego 1976[1].jpg
    san diego 1976[1].jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 111
  • sd bay '86[1].jpg
    sd bay '86[1].jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 24
Moe Terboat said:
Random question but does anyone have information on shooting in the ocean. I would think once your a 1 mile off shore and the boat is stopped you should be fine. I see ducks fly by all the time out there and was wondering if during season I could shoot ducks flying by?
I have no idea about whether or not you can but I want to do it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I have read threads in the past on other sites about this.

I'm not sure how far out it is practical to hunt divers. Might you get a passing shot while out on your fishing boat, maybe? Will they decoy? I have no clue.

I have thought about this though for passing brant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am going to keep asking around. I have been out there when about 500 ducks flew by about 1 mile of shore. They all tend to be off Torrey pines state beach. It would be fun to get a kayak out there and blast them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu