Off season blues and projects

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
OK so the dark time is here. What are you all doing to stay out of the house or to avoid doing all the stuff we put off during hunting season?

For Me this has been a quite off season so far. No big boat rebuilds or other big things. I switched about half of my decoys last year to the "texas rig" style line setup i will do the rest in the next month or so. Thinking about selling my 15' duck boat since i have not used her in a few years. Been Crushing coyotes at my local deer hunting spot to keep them off the deer.

Re: mid season blues and projects

Get some yote pictures up in the hunting reports. Inspire us!!!

Re: mid season blues and projects

I'm going tomorrow if the rain will hold off.

Just did my dros and paid for my new ar lower at riflegear. Dan Carey in az is building my 204 ruger upper :) 4 to 5 weeks and it's on

Yup and all I can say is wow what a gun. Dan Carey built a great upper in 204 ruger. I got it last wed and sighted it in on Friday. Been working some nights so it's been tough to take out hunting. The group was from a half ass rest with a full value 10mph or better cross wind running Cheep fiocchi ammo. If this weekend gives me a calm day I'll see what I can do. Pretty sure I can get her to .5 Moa

1eeeca8a.jpg
19ea4244.jpg

Rifle gear lower
http://riflegear.com
Dan Carrey upper with his custom 204 ruger barrel
http://www.careycustomrifleco.com/index.html
Burris PEPR scope mount. ( not as tacticool as some mounts but very well built and at a great price )
Swarovski 3-10-42 bhr ( I have a cool hookup if anyone needs Swarovski stuff )

Its a 22" .75" fluted. The whole thing with scope is a bit under 10 lbs wet on my bow scale. Dan starts off with 1.25" shilen blanks so you can get anything from bull to light weight

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu