Oh, Canada!

Dang!!! It appears to me that you died, went to heaven, took photos of your experiences there, and then came back to share!! What part of Alberta is that? You and I both know that Alberta is just the northern appendage of Montana. God's Country.

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
Dang!!! It appears to me that you died, went to heaven, took photos of your experiences there, and then came back to share!! What part of Alberta is that? You and I both know that Alberta is just the northern appendage of Montana. God's Country.
^^^^^^THIS!!!!!

Doc,

We hunt both south (Lethbridge) and the parklands (Edmonton)....The southern portion has been very dry the last few years and the Hutterites plus others have plowed many of the potholes...The 1st year we drove up (2007) we met some folks that grew peas...They also had a big sanitation pond next to their property...Honker, mallard, and pintail central...It really was like heaven without another hunter in sight...We have stayed with them ever since and keep one decoy trailer there.

The northern area was introduced to me by a person that was my daughter's teacher here in Escondido...His uncle is a HUGE farmer in the Parklands, as are his daughters husbands...Before you knew it, we were very connected...Cousin Ron & I were even given a farmhouse to stay in...We keep most our gear here now...In the 20 years we've been going here, we've watched many of their children grow up to be young adults...We consider them family.

Pix from our 1st year of driving to Alberta...2007

.canada 2007 006.jpgcanada 2007 030.jpgcanada 2007 036.jpgcanada 2007 043.jpgcanada 2007 053.jpgcanada 2007 day3 005.jpgCanada  2007 day 6 005.jpgCanada  2007 day 6 010.jpgcanada 2007 mikes pics 012.jpg

I looked into retiring to the BC area, but they have very strict requirements in who they want to let in. Being American, it was something I was unfamiliar with.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I looked into retiring to the BC area, but they have very strict requirements in who they want to let in. Being American, it was something I was unfamiliar with.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep...And it's gotten much worse...Like I said earlier, keeping our fingers crossed on the restrictions this fall...If not, we'll settle for Montana... ;)

.057.JPG

You are blessed, sir. Truly blessed.

Doc,

We are both blessed to have been raised in our era...Great music, sports, hunting, & fishing...It's really hard to fathom how many areas I hunted & fished here in SoCal back in the day...And are now gone forever...:worried:

ps...This is now 4S Ranch near Rancho Bernardo 27 years ago (Black Mt. in the background)...It was loaded with quail & deer too.

.IMG_20150611_0001.jpg

Reactions: Duckfan
Steve,

saw this;

Canada to Open Border to Fully Vaccinated American Tourists in August​

Starting Aug. 9, fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents can go to Canada for nonessential travel without quarantining

Hope nothing changes that and you can get up there to hunt again. Your pictures and stories of hunts are great to see/read. I have hunted only once in Canada. Great, GREAT experience. Geese, ducks, cranes. A trip I will never forget

Last edited:
Steve,

saw this;

Canada to Open Border to Fully Vaccinated American Tourists in August​

Starting Aug. 9, fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents can go to Canada for nonessential travel without quarantining

Hope nothing changes that and you can get up there to hunt again. Your pictures and stories of hunts are great to see/read. I have hunted only once in Canada. Great, GREAT experience. Geese, ducks, cranes. A trip I will never forget

Rick,

They seem to be changing the rules daily...I'm calling Claudio (Ongaro) tomorrow...He should have the latest info, since his business depends on it.

.Canada Ongaro's 10-14-2011.jpeg

Reactions: Hunter527

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu