Old Shot Guns added a new choke..

That’s a great idea! I have an old Citori I would have this done to. Anywhere in SoCal that could do this work?

Reactions: Bowman
from the videos I have reviewed, not all are like the gent this video, just like picking anyone for service, word of mouth of their quality work
is my best advice. The first advice he said if the barrel wall thickness allows it to be tapped.
that could be both dimensionally or strength.
but that said it is a new wonderful way to bring new life to an old shotgun.
but keep in mind the new shotgun barrels are being made to with stand the pressure of steel shot.
but as said befor by others the shotgun shell technology is has been improved,
I kindly recommend to wear a face shield or minimum shooting glasses ( Eye protection)
trying out and old shotgun, or when shooting period.

I've always been told you should have the thickness of a fixed full to put in tubes...Duncan's Gun Works in San Marcos does this work...They will advise.

I’d definitely consult a good smith on the condition of the barrel(s).

I’m always wearing sun glasses, and they’re usually ANSI approved as well:)

yep just like ol timers both engineers and machinest, or fabricators that have worked with each other, also help each other.
my point is the machinist will help the engineer with the design of what can be machined, and the designer will tell the machinist
what needs to be held for stress, (fit form & function), so they workas a team, that is a good partnership.
a general machinist will not know what is the minimum stress value that can be held on barrel unless he has specification to follow.
minimum wall thickness just on brake rotors. that can be turned.
Stress values are a complicated calculation, then it has to be tested. to make sure it works.

Point of this post , any time stress is involved great care must be taken.

yep just like ol timers both engineers and machinest, or fabricators that have worked with each other, also help each other.
my point is the machinist will help the engineer with the design of what can be machined, and the designer will tell the machinist
what needs to be held for stress, (fit form & function), so they workas a team, that is a good partnership.
a general machinist will not know what is the minimum stress value that can be held on barrel unless he has specification to follow.
minimum wall thickness just on brake rotors. that can be turned.
Stress values are a complicated calculation, then it has to be tested. to make sure it works.

Point of this post , any time stress is involved great care must be taken.

Good point

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu