One less HSUS Supporter

ttrose

Nov 26, 2013
San Diego
Everyone that knows me knows that I am a hunter. I have no problem talking about it but I don’t force my views on anyone. Earlier this week at work someone read or heard something about the Fish and Game Board and ask me what I thought. Well that conversation led to me making mention of Humane Society of the United States and the influence that they and groups like them have on our state. One of the people listening said “Oh I know them. They sent me that calendar when I made a donation last month”. I looked in her cube and sure enough there was a calendar of cute little cats and dogs. After the voice in my head stopped screaming, I asked if they knew who they really were and what their mission was. I have known this person for 15 years and I know that they donate time and money to the local animal shelter which I have no problem with. The response I got back was that I got a letter in the mail asking for support. Since I donate to the local shelter I thought it would be nice to help them out to. So I proceeded to tell them the real story of HSUS and what they really do with the money they get. I did it in a rational and clear manner without judging her and backed it up with facts that could be verified. I gave her a couple of web sites to check out and I left it at that. Later that day I walked by her cube and the calendar wasn’t hanging there anymore. It was in her recycle bin. Hopefully HSUS now has one less supporter.

Good work......These same people historically vote dem too.....Your next job is to explain what these radical left wing groups are capable of with their elected officials..... :mad:

Atta boy. There are plenty more worthwhile dog rescue groups doing much better things with the money they receive. Watching a commercial of dogs behind chain link fences, with Sarah McLachlan singing sad songs in the background does not hide the fact that they waste money, kill dogs, and are more interested in animal "liberation" than animal welfare (just like Peta and HSUS).

I've also heard that the HSUS is a bad organization, but could you tell us what you told your co-worker? I hear they're bad, but I don't know any details as to why? I've just heard that they are anti hunting.. Thanks so much.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu