OnX Map

maokai

Mar 14, 2021
Hope everyone is doing well and will be enjoying this turkey season! I for one can not wait to participate in the coming weeks! I also wanted to take a moment to discuss the app OnX; this thing is so useful I feel like its making my preparation for my first hunt that much more...I don't want to say easier but more convenient! That Getting to see how big some of these public lands are and how steep they can get and how it allows you to give distances between waypoints and area distances I feel like I can plan a multi-day trip and now exactly how long is gonna take me where ! Anyways I am just excited and ranting at this point just wanted to share my excitement and hope everyone can bag a 20lb gobbler this season haha

EDIT: Also I do have a question if anyone can help; since this will be my first time out in this location and I am new when it comes to parking do you just pull of to the side of the road or are there certain sites to park ? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
I try to never leave the truck... it's worked for me in the past...often I might add..

• Haha
Reactions: longbowhunter2
try find areas with very little public traffic. out of the way spots, trail heads are usually busy with hikers. so find more remote with less traffic.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu