Open clubs

CLarson757

Dec 29, 2019
Anyone know of any clubs with openings? Just had my first kid so my full days are likely going to be limited on public.

Anyone know of any clubs with openings? Just had my first kid so my full days are likely going to be limited on public.

Chris,

Take a drive to the IV...Check Bloody Ducks, Wilderness Unlimited, Shane Wrightson's (Pound & Davis, south side), or contact Tom Muehleman...He has his pulse on clubs.

Before you decide...Post which one you're considering...May save you some money and a headache.

Reactions: CLarson757
Word on the streets is since shit head newsome went down there the geothermal companies have offered the landowners down there top dollar for their land. I haven’t heard of any accepted the offers but I wouldn’t be surprised to see clubs starting to disappear

Last edited:
Chris,

Take a drive to the IV...Check Bloody Ducks, Wilderness Unlimited, Shane Wrightson's (Pound & Davis, south side), or contact Tom Muehleman...He has his pulse on clubs.

Before you decide...Post which one you're considering...May save you some money and a headache.

I actually know the manager of Bloody Ducks and hunted that club once. That’s kinda of the setup I’m looking for. How was henshaw this year?

Word on the streets is since shit head newsome went down there the geothermal companies have offered the landowners down there too dollar for their land. I haven’t heard of any accepted the offers but I wouldn’t be surprised to see clubs starting to disappear

Funny you mention that. My buddy who runs Bloody Ducks was just telling me that lithium mining operations are also a big factor out there.

Fear not no one in their right mind would sell their land for too dollars or even two dollars.

Last edited:
Until these companies offer them enough to where they can’t turn them down. I think it will happen eventually

I agree. No one is going to turn down energy/ natural resource money unless the duck clubs have enough sentimental value.

I actually know the manager of Bloody Ducks and hunted that club once. That’s kinda of the setup I’m looking for. How was Henshaw this year?

Henshaw was pretty good and the guys that can scout and set up early, did relatively well...Remember too, Henshaw doesn't open until Dec. 1.

ps...If you look at OnX...You will see, many of the club lands are already owned by Magna Power Co.

Henshaw was pretty good and the guys that can scout and set up early, did relatively well...Remember too, Henshaw doesn't open until Dec. 1.

ps...If you look at OnX...You will see, many of the club lands are already owned by Magna Power Co.
Then it seems it’s only a function of time before the power companies decide to make use of their land. Unless there are restrictions, they likely already have plans for the space I’d imagine.

Side note, did you hear of any reports off Barrett? Was in the area a few times this winter and it sounded like they were having a good time.

What I’m hearing is for every acre they drill they have to buy 2 acres they don’t drill. The question is weather they let it stay as a duck club or just undeveloped land.

No openings at my club but yes get a hold of Jason he might have openings. If I see our guy this weekend I’ll ask about Vibaros they might have openings they are NE of us and I think the club north of us might too (used to be falling feathers).

Awesome thanks for the tip. If you get any details from your guy, I’d appreciate the help!

Last edited:
Until these companies offer them enough to where they can’t turn them down. I think it will happen eventually
Your right about that if that doesn't work they will get the courts to take it. Saying it is for the betterment of the people. When it is really about making more money.

Reactions: CLarson757
is campo de cazadores aka falling feathers still a thing?

Hopefully this doesn’t all go to shit before I can experience hunting over decoys in a blind!

Maybe wister will sale the closed zone to a lithium company it will help management they can have island parking lots

Last edited:
Heard same thing, offers to big to refuse but the land has to stay habitat. One wonders if liability will eventually make acquired land just sanctuary with no hunting. The acre they are taking, from what I understand, will be from Wister. They are supposed to be moving north on Davis. Few years ago the miners had sensors all over wister looking for the next site. The one constant in the desert is change.

Reactions: Ahidog

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu