Opener.

S

stikbrandon

I'm out at wister as I type this, left my house at 330 am to get my public land spot. anybody going to hunt the opener out here?

It hot but now but the morning was nice and cool.

I got a few blue mountains if anyone wants to drink a cuple

Pshhhh , people must be scared to hammer a spot out in the thick SH-! To get away from people.

Johnny has an exscuse but everybody else that I have had contact with on the fourm, does not.

Sprig is proly out here somewhere.

I love it out here

I love that Salton Sea mud! Thats the only way I roll when I got out there. Bush whacking through the tule reeds. Sweating like crazy in neoprene waders then fighting off mosquitoes like your life depends on it. The sunrises and sunsets are amazing. Good luck Stick! Go hit up the crazy nightlife in Niland... ;)

If I didn't already have plans to hunt the quail opener tomorrow I would come meet up with you.

Well? How'd you do? I heard Perris going off like WWIII, could only imagine what the Salton sounded like at first legal shot time!

Took about 3 mins to limit out! It was ww3 at 6 am and shooting light was 614......

Didn't need decoys or calls , past shooting only

Took about 3 mins to limit out! It was ww3 at 6 am and shooting light was 614......

shooting time was 614 shooting light was closer to 630

the north started real early and the south held off for 5 or 6 min
and then they couldn't take it anymore and all hell broke loose

it was a very fun day

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 28
About 10 minutes early in our area........Just like follow the leader.........I've never really understood this mentality.......Barely see, hard to tell what your shooting, and it's illegal...... ::)

ilovesprig said:
About 10 minutes early in our area........Just like follow the leader.........I've never really understood this mentality.......Barely see, hard to tell what your shooting, and it's illegal...... ::)

I felt like all your shooting at is dark spots, I don't get it either.

stikbrandon said:
ilovesprig said:

I felt like all your shooting at is dark spots, I don't get it either.

Well the same people shooting at dark also don't ID their birds on the wing anyways. They shoot take to the blind and then ID, so what is the difference if they shoot early.

It does suck when you notice guys near you have been waterfowling for many years and still shoot early.... :-\

Well done Brandon. Next time you're in Niland check out The Silver Dollar bar. Had a crazy night there 20 years ago. Time stands still there so I'm sure its still there just like the old ducks are still hanging up in that old restaurant.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu