I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Jan 20, 2014
Huntington Beach
www.nra.com
Hey Duck Hunters

I have a heck of a deal to shoot at Lake Henshaw on Wednesday December 2nd

The guys I hunt with neither can not get the day off

If you are interested Let me know through PM

Hey surfcity, couple quick questions if you don't mind. I'm new to the forum and have never hunted Henshaw. I haven't been out that way in years. If you get drawn there can you just set up wherever you want along the shore? Is there any natural cover around?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi I don't know I've never been out there and how to myself I just talked to I Love Sprig and he gave me some pointers I guess I need decoys but what the hell I'll go out there and try to shoot a couple ducks and check it out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

surfcity said:
Hey Duck Hunters

I have a heck of a deal to shoot at Lake Henshaw on Wednesday December 2nd

The guys I hunt with neither can not get the day off

If you are interested Let me know through PM
Here's the thing it's a cabin cost me $81 a night I get the shoe and I get the cabin plus I get an extra place to shoot if you got decoys you know what I make calls please give me a call its my first time out to Henshaw I'm really looking forward to going out no matter what

surfcity said:
Hi I don't know I've never been out there and how to myself I just talked to I Love Sprig and he gave me some pointers I guess I need decoys but what the hell I'll go out there and try to shoot a couple ducks and check it out

Thanks surfcity. I'm going to try the same thing next weekend and get out there. Good luck!

Do you have a layout blind? You are going to need to get down in the mud as low as possible to be successful.

That place is going to be BS this year. The owner and his buddy have been hunting it since the season opener educating the birds to pile up in the middle of the lake, the best spots on the lake have become "premium" blind sites and have been leased out, and they doubled the price to hunt for the day. I won't be hunting there at all this season. That being said I hope you still get some birds and have a good time.

Where are all these assumptions coming from. Unless they now have a drawing this year I would just go up the day before and set up my decoys. There are no leased spots it is first come first serve the night before. I am not a huge waterfowl hunter and haven't been to the lake this year but if the water level is down away from the reids it will be another slow year. The birds do sit in the middle of lake for the most part which means your best bet is to get them flying in the morning. Its always fun to jump shoot the river on your way out, assuming there are some ducks there.

Good luck to you guys and let us know how it goes.

Moe Terboat said:
Where are all these assumptions coming from. Unless they now have a drawing this year I would just go up the day before and set up my decoys. There are no leased spots it is first come first serve the night before. I am not a huge waterfowl hunter and haven't been to the lake this year but if the water level is down away from the reids it will be another slow year. The birds do sit in the middle of lake for the most part which means your best bet is to get them flying in the morning. Its always fun to jump shoot the river on your way out, assuming there are some ducks there.

Cory,

The back marsh IS leased out and there's a drawing for the 20 available spots. Because there were 13 people in cabins (automatic 2 spots). There were only 7 available.......I set-up today and birds basically just moved to the south shore.....Full report tomorrow.

Adapt or die............. ;)

Moe Terboat said:

They aren't assumptions, big changes have happened this year at Henshaw. Sorry if I came off weird I'm just salty about it, that lake was a lot of fun. I guess all good things come to an end. I guess I'll have fun hunting the stinky sea mud ::)

garrettlandon said:
surfcity said:
Good luck!

I can not wait for Wednesday....
How did it go? Any luck? I hope so!

Well had a great day didn't kill anything how was probably only guy in the lake that didn't kill a bird all the birds were on the south side like the guy said and I was on the upper north side in the river where there were no ducks so I lost out the who was Dr that there are there was no no water back in the marsh

surfcity said:
garrettlandon said:
surfcity said:
Good luck!

I can not wait for Wednesday....
How did it go? Any luck? I hope so!

Well had a great day didn't kill anything how was probably only guy in the lake that didn't kill a bird all the birds were on the south side like the guy said and I was on the upper north side in the river where there were no ducks so I lost out the who was Dr that there are there was no no water back in the marsh

Darn! That's too bad. I'm sure it was more fun than sitting in the office all day though!

No its not I had a blast met Ilovesprig and he gave me some pointers A great day Froze my but off 20 degrees at lake level

surfcity said:
No its not I had a blast met Ilovesprig and he gave me some pointers A great day Froze my but off 20 degrees at lake level

Very cool, glad it was fun. I can't wait to get out myself. I've never hunted the lake so we'll see. It will be fun regardless

garrettlandon said:
surfcity said:

Very cool, glad it was fun. I can't wait to get out myself. I've never hunted the lake so we'll see. It will be fun regardless

Well let me know Lets Hunt

surfcity said:
garrettlandon said:
surfcity said:

Well let me know Lets Hunt

Getting out Saturday the 12th with 3 others but I'd like to go again after that a few times before the season ends so that sounds good.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu