Opening week DIY CA Desert Archery Hunt

davetheslave

May 17, 2014
Backpacked into our local desert and chased around some really mature deer. Camped out 6 miles from the road and got into a really solid spot. Got 4 really good stalks in and closed distance to 20 yards on 2 really nice bucks! Couldn't seal the deal but feel really confident that each year I'm getting in closer and seeing bigger and bigger deer! I don't have a phoneskope but got a couple pics of some bucks through my spotter. Check out this 7x5 we call the sagebrush monster we have been looking for him for a year and glassed him up on 3 of the days. Also another nice heavy 2x3. I'll post more pics from my other phone when I get a chance.b8c2d6d7a211d2c159ccc9ca5f953818.jpge0b461ba742d6bde1ec781e8fd5afccf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great deer! I hope you get a chance to knock him down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu