Opening weekend 2023

Shadowlawnskysthelimit

Mar 5, 2021
Pretty awesome weekend all around!
Took my nephew and his 2 boys 8 & 6 years to Wister for the boys first duck hunt.
Spent Friday scouting, fishing and chasing Euros. Limits of Teal Saturday and just a handful Sunday.
The boys were amazing; they loved every aspect of the IV; the 6 year old was blowing me away with his casting skills.
They really liked seeing Scout retrieve birds and helping to build blinds.
Can’t wait to get them some geese.
Scout did great; brought every bird back to her stand. Gotta work on “Hold” command; as soon as she got on stand she would drop the birds.
Scout will be 2 in less than a month; she’s really grown into her looks. Got some beautiful pictures of her in the ponds.

Attachments

• IMG_9110.jpeg
    IMG_9110.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6258.jpeg
    IMG_6258.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9147.jpeg
    IMG_9147.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6224.png
    IMG_6224.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6233.png
    IMG_6233.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6234.png
    IMG_6234.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6253.png
    IMG_6253.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6252.png
    IMG_6252.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6257.png
    IMG_6257.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 50
Pretty awesome weekend all around!
Took my nephew and his 2 boys 8 & 6 years to Wister for the boys first duck hunt.
Spent Friday scouting, fishing and chasing Euros. Limits of Teal Saturday and just a handful Sunday.
The boys were amazing; they loved every aspect of the IV; the 6 year old was blowing me away with his casting skills.
They really liked seeing Scout retrieve birds and helping to build blinds.
Can’t wait to get them some geese.
Scout did great; brought every bird back to her stand. Gotta work on “Hold” command; as soon as she got on stand she would drop the birds.
Scout will be 2 in less than a month; she’s really grown into her looks. Got some beautiful pictures of her in the ponds.
We got crap Saturday on private. The pond was too low. Nice pics. You will end up hunting more for your dog then yourself. Watching your dog nail the retrieves is the fun part. Watching a young Lab figuring it all out in real time is truly a priceless memory.

John

Reactions: Old Quack 49
Kevin,

Great seeing you...Thanks for sharing your hunt with us...Love those kids smiles, and Scout.............:clap:

Fantastic! I think we saw you guys fishing. Any luck with that? Great pics!

Nimrod, no luck on the fishing end. The boys love to fish, but just got too hot with no shade. When it cools down we are going to do some night fishing.

Reactions: Nimrod

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu