Opening weekend report D16 public

brad nsw

Oct 24, 2015
Hunted D16 with my AO tag and almost finished it AM of day 2. Little forkie walked by one of my cameras (see photo 1) and into the clearing that my brush blind overlooks at 7AM. He walked behind a bush at 50yds and I drew when his nose came out but he busted me, so we had a staring match at full draw. After 30-45sec's I feathered the release and he ducked the shot. Then the WINDs came!! Hiked out Monday night. Just finished clearing the game cameras in the valley I hunt and there are some nice bucks (see other photos). Can't tell if pic 3 is a 4x4 or a blurred forkie??? Water is staged, tent is up and I'll be back at it again Friday...judging from pic 4, the rut may be on! Good luck to all.PICT0004.JPGMFDC1100.JPGMFDC6576.JPGMFDC1354.JPGPICT0004.JPGMFDC1100.JPGMFDC6576.JPGMFDC1354.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu