Opportunity

A Team

Nov 11, 2019
Thought I'd throw this out to SCH group.

I'm looking for a motivated individual to go on the road with me to Utah the last week of July to first week of August.

My current assistant cannot go due to prior responsibilities.

This is a fun trip, it's a lot of work , it involves profesionally training and campaining retrievers. You'll witness retrievers doing some incredible tasks. We work hard but we find time to fish , hike and enjoy some of the prettiest scenery our country has to offer.

Responsibilities would involve
Feeding /airing dogs ( we travel with 18 dogs)
Throwing marks ( dead ducks)
Shooting live fliers for pups.

Individual should be well versed in outdoor camping, we dry camp but go to town often to shower and do laundry. We are at over 9000 feet in elevation . There is no cell service , we come down the mountain every couple of days to catch up with loved ones.

It's a great summer summer experience if you love dogs ( dogs are prioriy) love the outdoors .

Compensation is based on experience , all interested parties please shoot me a PM , we must do a meet and great , spend time together before the trip. This trip could turn into other opportunities

Too much work for these old bones. Years ago I help at Lowellsgundogs, and with Carl Porter. Not a lot with either but enough to know it's a lot of work. Fun, but work.

that is a pretty fun adventure to go on.

@A Team would love to see some videos of your pups working! post um up

Thought I'd throw this out to SCH group.

I'm looking for a motivated individual to go on the road with me to Utah the last week of July to first week of August.

My current assistant cannot go due to prior responsibilities.

This is a fun trip, it's a lot of work , it involves profesionally training and campaining retrievers. You'll witness retrievers doing some incredible tasks. We work hard but we find time to fish , hike and enjoy some of the prettiest scenery our country has to offer.

Responsibilities would involve
Feeding /airing dogs ( we travel with 18 dogs)
Throwing marks ( dead ducks)
Shooting live fliers for pups.

Individual should be well versed in outdoor camping, we dry camp but go to town often to shower and do laundry. We are at over 9000 feet in elevation . There is no cell service , we come down the mountain every couple of days to catch up with loved ones.

It's a great summer summer experience if you love dogs ( dogs are prioriy) love the outdoors .

Compensation is based on experience , all interested parties please shoot me a PM , we must do a meet and great , spend time together before the trip. This trip could turn into other opportunities
Best of luck I hope it works out well. Have not many folks that have the drive. It takes a special person to do this kind of work.

I have been up to Carl Porter's dog summer camp in the sierras to visit my dogs and witnessed how much work it is.... Larry is a great trainer as well.

Elden Hondo and Carl ( when they were working together) were doing a summer camp up there when me and a friend went up to pick up a horse he was buying from Elden. Well they had run down the MT. for supplies and left a 16 year old kid with 25 GSPs and 4 horse. the weather up there can change in an instant and it did just that. Went from nice day to lightning heavy rain, hail and wind in minutes. We were running around like mad men trying to get all the dogs and horses in the trailer. The dogs were all staked out and the horses tied up and the weather was causing a lot of panic on the entire situation. WE did manage to get everyone secured without and major damage or injuries. But what a cluster f*&k. Two of us didn't know jack about horses and the kid only knew slightly more.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu