Oregon Deadline

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Today is the Oregon deadline. Me and the boys are in for points Elk,Deer, Pronghorn. OR is a great place to build points for kids only $34 per kid to get license and points.

Except for points in Wyoming my app season is now done!

Last edited:
People actually hunt big game in Oregon? ;)

What about Idaho Drew! Unit 44-45 in Smokey-Bennett produce amazing deer. Migrating deer up to 200". Oregon and not Idaho?

Feeling confused - :confused:

Reactions: TRICER
People actually hunt big game in Oregon? ;)

What about Idaho Drew! Unit 44-45 in Smokey-Bennett produce amazing deer. Migrating deer up to 200". Oregon and not Idaho?

Feeling confused - :confused:
John OR is my best shot to get my Rosey unless I want to head up to AK. How else am I going to get my hat trick by the time I turn 40. I only apply for Tule in CA. Not to mention there are a lot of OR Rocky Elk units that only take 5-7 points and most the elk shot are 5-6 point bulls.

I am planning on backpack hunting unit 59 the Snake River in OR for Mule Deer next year takes 2 points to draw one of my buddies is getting a point today so I can drag him up to 2 on a party tag 50% harvest rate and big bucks. I can apply in Idaho any year no points and I have some friends who just moved there so its on the list. Let me know when you want to go to ID but if we go we are going deep and coming out heavy.

Basically I apply all over the west and over the next decade I will have points in so many states I will be able to go on incredible hunts every season. CA,AZ,UT,WY,OR only states I don't apply in are MT and NV. Figure what is $200 in the grand scheme of things. If I go on a guided elk hunt it is at least $7500 i spend a little over $1k year building my point bank up across the west. Its like a mutual fund no one wants to do it at first but in a yearsou cant believe how much you have saved up. I also put in to NM every year but that is a no point state.

Also in OR build the boys points cheaper than any other state including CA. Basically by the time they are 17 they will have 8 points each that I can party tag on and that will cost me a grand total of $272 over 8 years. Not to shabby if you ask me.

Brandon license is $167 and points are $8 it cost me $191 each year to build points.

You are really missing out by not applying in Nevada. Best mule deer state in the West. And giant bull elk.

Lol on the big mule deer in Oregon. I guess anything is possible.

I do understand the Roosevelt strategy.

John OR is my best shot to get my Rosey unless I want to head up to AK. How else am I going to get my hat trick by the time I turn 40. I only apply for Tule in CA. Not to mention there are a lot of OR Rocky Elk units that only take 5-7 points and most the elk shot are 5-6 point bulls.

I am planning on backpack hunting unit 59 the Snake River in OR for Mule Deer next year takes 2 points to draw one of my buddies is getting a point today so I can drag him up to 2 on a party tag 50% harvest rate and big bucks. I can apply in Idaho any year no points and I have some friends who just moved there so its on the list. Let me know when you want to go to ID but if we go we are going deep and coming out heavy.

Basically I apply all over the west and over the next decade I will have points in so many states I will be able to go on incredible hunts every season. CA,AZ,UT,WY,OR only states I don't apply in are MT and NV. Figure what is $200 in the grand scheme of things. If I go on a guided elk hunt it is at least $7500 i spend a little over $1k year building my point bank up across the west. Its like a mutual fund no one wants to do it at first but in a yearsou cant believe how much you have saved up. I also put in to NM every year but that is a no point state.

Also in OR build the boys points cheaper than any other state including CA. Basically by the time they are 17 they will have 8 points each that I can party tag on and that will cost me a grand total of $272 over 8 years. Not to shabby if you ask me.

Brandon license is $167 and points are $8 it cost me $191 each year to build points.

Thanks bud

Oregon is by far the worst western state for non resident drawing tags. I quit applying in Oregon when they dropped the non resident quota to 5% or less. I still have 10+ points for several species. Screw Oregon...

Drew, you're better off hunting with a bow if you want a Roosevelt, over the counter. American elk and Blacktail deer over the counter archery tags as well. Screw Oregon... Ed F

Reactions: NBK
Lot of tweekers in Oregon..jus sayin. Best bucks ive taken were out of Nevada..then south western Texas.. but hey, if you draw oregon..you,ll be hunting..and thats a good thing, good luck!

You outta try putting in for all the rosey hunts in nor Ca. My daughter murdered one out of Humboldt few years back...luck of the draw and one to the throat did the trick.

You outta try putting in for all the rosey hunts in nor Ca. My daughter murdered one out of Humboldt few years back...luck of the draw and one to the throat did the trick.
I want that CA Tuley though. Way to many hunts not enough time.

To each their own on OR. It cost me $200 a year to build points and there are a few low point hunts I like. Definitely doesn’t hurt to build them. I read “Hunting Open Country Mule Deer” by Dwight Schuh a few years back that’s what got me to start applying up there he spent most his hunts up on OR sagebrush country. There are a lot of worst things I could throw my money away on. Hope I get to post up an I told you so monster in the next couple of years. But if I do I will say it was in NV.

Reactions: Kellendv
I hope you do Drew... I never looked at the rifle hunts so I can't speak for them. The deer and elk hunt point creep for mediocre units was not worth the license fee. Good luck. Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu