oregon stand off

Ghost said:
Article I, section 8, clause 17 of the U.S. Constitution gives the feds control of 10 square miles of Washington DC. It further states that land within the boundaries of a state may only be acquired if they first have the consent of the state legislature. The federal government is limited in it’s acquisition of land to four purposes, military forts, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings. Nowhere in the constitution does it grant the federal government the power to “own” millions of acres. The so called "public lands" that they currently control must be returned to the states.
so I get it your are for federal control , like the lead ban, ridiculous license cost, 2nd amendment ban. the right to bear arms.
I get your drift. the federal government has nothing to do with our rights as hunters. far as game management they are terrible at it .
this is the worst management I have seen in 45 years. so we are not going to agree. period end of story . and I have given you respect.

I am absolutely in favor of federal control of our public land. California has neither the resources, infrastructure, or the desire to manage our lands properly. I am confident that any wildlife professional with the outdoorsman's best interests in mind would agree. CA would sell off our land to the highest bidder to private interests, of which there is already precedence. I understand what you have been sayingn and I understand your grievances. The fact remains that the federal government created the North American model of wildlife conservation (something we all learned about in hunter safety class) and it is still the best management practice we know of, and they are the only government body with the resources to do the necessary work. I'm not saying it is always good, or that there is never room for improvement (there always is and always will be), but it is good and right.

SD Mike said:
Ghost said:
Article I, section 8, clause 17 of the U.S. Constitution gives the feds control of 10 square miles of Washington DC. It further states that land within the boundaries of a state may only be acquired if they first have the consent of the state legislature. The federal government is limited in it’s acquisition of land to four purposes, military forts, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings. Nowhere in the constitution does it grant the federal government the power to “own” millions of acres. The so called "public lands" that they currently control must be returned to the states.
so I get it your are for federal control , like the lead ban, ridiculous license cost, 2nd amendment ban. the right to bear arms.
I get your drift. the federal government has nothing to do with our rights as hunters. far as game management they are terrible at it .
this is the worst management I have seen in 45 years. so we are not going to agree. period end of story . and I have given you respect.

I am absolutely in favor of federal control of our public land. California has neither the resources, infrastructure, or the desire to manage our lands properly. I am confident that any wildlife professional with the outdoorsman's best interests in mind would agree. CA would sell off our land to the highest bidder to private interests, of which there is already precedence. I understand what you have been sayingn and I understand your grievances. The fact remains that the federal government created the North American model of wildlife conservation (something we all learned about in hunter safety class) and it is still the best management practice we know of, and they are the only government body with the resources to do the necessary work. I'm not saying it is always good, or that there is never room for improvement (there always is and always will be), but it is good and right.
Well said. It's not perfect, but it's been pretty effective.

I'm glad to be out of this one :) to many big words being used for this Heber grad lol... I'm going fishing I need a few more of these to make a good fish fry.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
ivhunter said:
I'm glad to be out of this one :) to many big words being used for this Heber grad lol... I'm going fishing I need a few more of these to make a good fish fry.

Channel locks belong in every good chef's kitchen :)

Aeon said:
you can tell hunting seasons have for the most part closed.....

next up can i kill deer with a 5.56

hey having withdrawals, well there still ground squirrels , jack rabbits and coyotes.

so can a 233 but what the heck.

It's all good

ivhunter said:

ya I thinking of those good fishing spots we seen last year at the IV. I ready and willing.
ya to many big words for me too,

;)

SD Mike said:
Ghost said:

no worries I not total anti government there is a bunch of good stuff that the government has done. but I belief is, at state level can handle it better. as a matter of fact locals can handle it even better. that's why most of the time big corporation off load their work to smaller companies. because smaller companies are more efficient and can and do make parts more effectively. any way we have killed this topic now lets go hunting. we can talk about this later on with a cup of coffee. at Denney's some thing at the next hunt.

Ghost said:
SD Mike said:
Ghost said:

no worries I not total anti government there is a bunch of good stuff that the government has done. but I belief is, at state level can handle it better. as a matter of fact locals can handle it even better. that's why most of the time big corporation off load their work to smaller companies. because smaller companies are more efficient and can and do make parts more effectively. any way we have killed this topic now lets go hunting. we can talk about this later on with a cup of coffee. at Denney's some thing at the next hunt.

Coffee is good, but I could sure use a beer right now. Maybe some of ivhunter's fish too...I'll get first round

ivhunter said:

OMG - Did you take the fish and eat it.... You broke the Bass Fishing rule of Catch and Release.... Im calling in the Bass Fisherman of America...

socalcowboy said:
ivhunter said:

OMG - Did you take the fish and eat it.... You broke the Bass Fishing rule of Catch and Release.... Im calling in the Bass Fisherman of America...

:)... I just took the meat and released him back to the canal he came from. He swam away pretty good ;).. please don't call the Bass Police on me. I usually like to keep only striped bass they taste way better but since it's the beginning of fishing season for me and freezer is empty I will take LMB, it'll be frying this coming weekend.

socalcowboy said:
ivhunter said:

This video explains it PERFECTLY. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6GrJr6oVg

Pretty funny......I've come from both schools (no pun intended)......I now release all fresh water bass.....That's because God invented calico bass..... ;)

ps....I agree with both you guys...... :-*

Attachments

• scan067.jpg
    scan067.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • hodges 2-29-12 014.JPG
    hodges 2-29-12 014.JPG
    744.7 KB · Views: 21
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fbi-releases-video-oregon-occupier-lavoy-finicum-death-article-1.2513298

family man, foster parent, rancher, hard working man. does he look like a terrorist :-[

Attachments

• 12565456_1096211273765049_4833091607585254012_n.jpg
    12565456_1096211273765049_4833091607585254012_n.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 150
Thanks for the reading gentlemen, isn't it great we can all agree to disagree and after the conversation we can go drink a beer and catch some fish together, love this site, im heading to san Clemente to slay some of the big calicos tomorrow, have a great weekend all.

socalcowboy said:
ivhunter said:

Lol

Ghost said:
family man, foster parent, rancher, hard working man. does he look like a terrorist :-[

Just to throw fuel in the fire! OJ Simpson didn't look like a raving murderer either. Just saying - not taking sides.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu