Oregon / Utah - do they have Wildlife Areas with a draw system?

Dave3006

Nov 26, 2019
Are there public duck hunting spots in Oregon or Utah that have a draw system similar to Wister or San Jacinto? I do not know much about these two states and am starting my research.

Reactions: utahduckhunter
Utah is rad, get a map and go hunt! lots of public places with not a lot of pressure. The only down side its a lot of transitory birds. Here one day and gone tomorrow.

Oregon is a little more difficult....To hunt geese, you have to take a test (Northwest zone)....They have some sub species of Canada geese....It's been many years, but I hunted Sauvie Island W.A...It is the hub of Oregon waterfowling....You do need to put in for a hunt application and get a reservation these days.

Long drive for 7 ducks.... ;)

Klamath wild life refuge on the California boarder HAS HUNTING ON THE OREGON SIDE ALSO BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HUNTED IT

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu