Original Gteam Arizona bound for Desert Muley!

gteam

Aug 7, 2013
My brother Fernando and I are on our way for opening day tomorrow. Heading to a familiar unit to us in Central Arizona.

Started hiking in this morning in the dark to an area that we know holds good deer . The plan was to make about a two mile loop and glass as much as possible along the way, when we were about a mile in my brother glassed up this nice 4 by 4. He immediately set up the spotting scope tripod so that I could use it as a rest and asked me if I was willing to shoot the buck. Kind of a crazy question but we have seen bigger deer in this unit. The buck was 260 yards uphill and had us pegged, so I got on the tripod found him in my scope and squeezed one off. The rest is history, nothing like opening day success on a nice desert muley ;D

Attachments

• Arizona 2013 deer 014.JPG
    Arizona 2013 deer 014.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Arizona 2013 deer 007.JPG
    Arizona 2013 deer 007.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 150
That is just flat out Awesome. Gteam is white hot! Nice job guys!

gteam said:
My brother Fernando and I are on our way for opening day tomorrow. Heading to a familiar unit to us in Central Arizona.

What unit are you hunting, I have hunted over there a few times for Coues,Mule Deer and Pigs

sherpa said:
gteam said:

What unit are you hunting, I have hunted over there a few times for Coues,Mule Deer and Pigs
We have a lot of guest on SCH so I will send you a message regarding the unit ;)

Not sure how I missed this post, but WOW ! Nice Buck.

Nice buck. Arizona is in my future. (I tried to send you a message but it doesn't show I sent anything. Do I have to be a member for awhile to send messages?)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu