Original Gteam Arizona bound for Desert Muley!

gteam

My brother Fernando and I are on our way for opening day tomorrow. Heading to a familiar unit to us in Central Arizona.

Started hiking in this morning in the dark to an area that we know holds good deer . The plan was to make about a two mile loop and glass as much as possible along the way, when we were about a mile in my brother glassed up this nice 4 by 4. He immediately set up the spotting scope tripod so that I could use it as a rest and asked me if I was willing to shoot the buck. Kind of a crazy question but we have seen bigger deer in this unit. The buck was 260 yards uphill and had us pegged, so I got on the tripod found him in my scope and squeezed one off. The rest is history, nothing like opening day success on a nice desert muley ;D

Attachments

• Arizona 2013 deer 014.JPG
    Arizona 2013 deer 014.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Arizona 2013 deer 007.JPG
    Arizona 2013 deer 007.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 150
That is just flat out Awesome. Gteam is white hot! Nice job guys!

gteam said:
My brother Fernando and I are on our way for opening day tomorrow. Heading to a familiar unit to us in Central Arizona.

What unit are you hunting, I have hunted over there a few times for Coues,Mule Deer and Pigs

sherpa said:
gteam said:

What unit are you hunting, I have hunted over there a few times for Coues,Mule Deer and Pigs
We have a lot of guest on SCH so I will send you a message regarding the unit ;)

Nice buck. Arizona is in my future. (I tried to send you a message but it doesn't show I sent anything. Do I have to be a member for awhile to send messages?)

Back