OUTREACH MEETING FOR Wister and SJ - JUNE 12 4pm - PLEASE READ AND ATTEND ONLINE

OK guys....2 days away.

105 Views - Besides Steve T...who will be on????

Socal hunters need to hear from staff and give your input to the presentation materials they will present.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Well, my nephew is the 1st base coach for the Oakland A's...And of course, they're here in San Diego...I'll be at the game, but hoping we'll be out of there before 4:00 pm... :blush:

Reactions: Duckfan
My dream job: 1st base coach
WOW Steve I didn’t know you had family coaching in the Bigs . Congratulations and enjoy having a vested interested in a team ! I know the feeling although neither of “our” teams are great this year . Oldquack 49

WOW Steve I didn’t know you had family coaching in the Bigs . Congratulations and enjoy having a vested interested in a team ! I know the feeling although neither of “our” teams are great this year . Oldquack 49

Larry,

MY team is doing fine.........41-26 and up by 7.5........ :joy:

With the team they bought they should be up by 15

Mike,

They're treading water...It's a marathon, not a sprint...................... ;)

ps...The Angels have tried to buy a team for years and what has it got them...Buying a TEAM isn't as easy as it sounds......................:worried:

Mike,

They're treading water...It's a marathon, not a sprint...................... ;)

ps...The Angels have tried to buy a team for years and what has it got them...Buying a TEAM isn't as easy as it sounds......................:worried:
Very true I hate teams thinking that buying a team is easy. Takes much more than that it is a TEAM. I hate the Ohtani contract. I think that type of contract should not be allowed

Steve,

I had to leave meeting before it ended. Scott originally had said it would be recorded and available later to view.

Did he mention that, and when?

Reactions: slinky_70
Steve,

I had to leave meeting before it ended. Scott originally had said it would be recorded and available later to view.

I also had in the middle of the question and answer session. I would like to hear that also and if it is possible to post some additional questions

I also had in the middle of the question and answer session. I would like to hear that also and if it is possible to post some additional questions
I would be interested in hearing a recording . I listened until I had to go . Oldquack 49

Steve,

Rick,

I don't recall him saying it was recorded...I did miss the 1st part of meeting, but stayed till the end...He did leave his and all the managers e-mails...... :blush:

I asked a couple of questions...1 for Wister, 2 for San J.

1...I asked what their plans were for 413...Since removing the fish hatchery, it has steadily gone down hill...The answer was, they are actively working on it...It really needs some heavy discing inside the ponds.

2...I asked, when they seed Walkers and F ponds, if they could plant in strips more in the middle and leave the blind sites some open water to set decoys...It also leaves the ground harder for walking.

3...I asked, if the birders could be restricted to just the touring roads...Wister does not allow walking or driving into the wildlife area on non shoot days...I would like the same system at San J...The answer was, they've always been allowed to walk anywhere they want...We get 3 months a year...I don't see that, as asking for much...The birds basically never get to refuge on the area on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Is there a slide deck that's going to be available? Maybe someone could give an overview of what's happening at Wister for the upcoming season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu