pheasant or chuckar hunting in san diego.

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
I've been hunting San Diego for a few years for big game but am just getting into bird hunting. i was wondering where you could pheasants or chuckar in the county. Any input is appreciated.

There is decent Pheasant hunting in El Centro and further North you will find good chukar hunting.

Yes it can be very good. Best thing to do is go down to the valley and scout fields South of the I8.

The only pheasents and chukar you will shoot in SD county are the ones you buy and plant, The imperial valley has pheasent but the bulk of them are on the Mexican side of the border due to the type of crops they raise. Pheasent hunting in so cal is marginal at best. The central valley has some. If its chukar you are after the foothills on the eastern side of the sierras or the eastern slopes of the the big bear area hold chukar as does the mountains near Barstow.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu