Picked a a new 22 Ruger American

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
well got on sale picked up a 22 LR bolt action on sale. after yesterdays little episode missing 3 rabbits . I decided to buy a new 22lr bolt action. hahahaha 10 round mag. nice open sights
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/index.html

Ghost said:
well got on sale picked up a 22 LR bolt action on sale. after yesterdays little episode missing 3 rabbits . I decided to buy a new 22lr bolt action. hahahaha 10 round mag. nice open sights

I've been fantasizing about that one. Saw it on sale too and gave it some serious thought. Let us know how it shoots.

Lee,

Looks like a sweet little rifle.......Rabbits beware........lol

ps......You going to scope it?......I put a cheapie Tasco on my .17 and it shoots straight as a string. I've never thought putting high dollar scopes on rimfire's was that necessary.........2 cents

The American's are awesome rigs in both .17 HMR and .22 LR. Nice choice Lee. Can't beat em' for the money.

Sweet rifle Lee! You have good eyes to be able to use iron sights! Jealous!

Sorry Guys I must of messed up, I am Lee AKA Lonbowhunter now ghost, Ray is AirRifle.
sorry about the mishap.

far as missing it was my fault.
but no It was my fault for not checking my sights.

sorry guys
Ghost (Lee)

Ghost said:
Sorry Guys I must of messed up, I am Lee AKA Lonbowhunter now ghost, Ray is AirRifle.
sorry about the mishap.

far as missing it was my fault.
but no It was my fault for not checking my sights.

sorry guys
Ghost (Lee)

No problem Lee.......That's why they invented the modify button...........lol

Sprig

Far as a scope. Yes I thinking about taking my old Bushnell 3 by 9 I currently have on my 308' and replace it with a new scope with adjustable turrets. For short to mid range targets. But I not for sure yet. Seems for a new 22or rifle I should pick up new scope.hahaha. my partner is selling his youth bear bow for my wife use.so she is happy with me. Hahaha. I may get that new scope.

msteiger said:
Ghost said:

I've been fantasizing about that one. Saw it on sale too and gave it some serious thought. Let us know how it shoots.

you bet will do. I can not wait to try it out. hahaha watch out bunnies.

Ghost (Lee)

I learned one thing to watch out for is where the scope does and doesn't have parallax. A rimfire scope will be parallax free at 50-75 yards, and a rifle scope at 100+ yards. I think that's part of the problem with my Marlin is that it has a rifle scope on it and has parallax at 25 and 50yds where I need it dead on for those little tiny ground squirrels.

Handgun said:
I learned one thing to watch out for is where the scope does and doesn't have parallax. A rimfire scope will be parallax free at 50-75 yards, and a rifle scope at 100+ yards. I think that's part of the problem with my Marlin is that it has a rifle scope on it and has parallax at 25 and 50yds where I need it dead on for those little tiny ground squirrels.

Handgun

you are right and thanks for the reminder. that does make a difference. Ya my best bet it to buy a new scope for my new rimfire rifle. start out right.

Thanks

Ghost (Lee)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu