Pig Hunting

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Went up to hunt with my buddy Bert in San Miguel California over the weekend. It was very hot (up to 104 degrees in the day). We hunted hard, I ended up shooting a small sow (80-100 pounds) on Saturday. Not what I was looking for but it will eat quite well. I am going back up in the next month. Bert is negotiating a deal that will give him access to 30,000 more acres of prime hog territory.

We rolled film through the entire hunt. It is in post production right now. Not sure we will release it due to the nature of the slow hunting. The next hunt should produce more "harvest action".

Regardless - I had a capitol time, as I always do when hunting with Bert. ;D

NBK

Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
It was kind of a dink. :-\ The smallest pig I have ever shot in fact. Santiago has some pictures...I will get one from him and post.

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Three years in a row now that I have bought a pig tag.Keep telling myself I'm getting closer but still have not seen one.
Good job on the pig.What did it weigh?

teachanother

Jul 3, 2011
San Diego
I'm not sure? It was a lot heavier than a field dressed buck. I really struggled to get him into my into my vehicle. I'd guess he went 180-190. I got him on public land. The picture was taken in a cow pasture near a friends house.

sch2

Mar 1, 2011
The hogs are definitely moving around, spotted 13 two weeks ago. Soon as bow season ends, the dogs are going to wreak havoc!

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
I love that you can hunt pigs year round. How many dogs do you use? Two or three to chase and one to catch?

Jeff McCabe

Public Land - DIY
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County
That was a great hunt. My first time there. I didn’t lug my bow to the bottom of that canyon for a picture, but we didn’t forget a few brews.

NBK

Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
None - the - less a job well done. Hope you have a whack at them again soon!

O.C. Huntress

You watch the kids! I'm going hunting!
Feb 4, 2011
I’ve shot a javelina before, but those hogs look really tough. Do you think my 44 lb bow could kill one?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu