Pigeons & Ducks

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Picked up Jacob yesterday at about 10:00 am and were up hunting pigeons by 11:00 am.....By 12:00, we had our 4 bird limit.......How about the size of the acorns these things eat...... :eek:

After we were done, we headed for Wister.......Thinks to a friend we had a good reservation number. Picked the blind I thought would be best......It was nice waking up to 38 degree weather and a pretty good north wind......Not as many big ducks as I thought we would get, but darn good action (we definitely had the best spot in our field).......No spinner needed with the consistent wind.

The day was good on a lot of fronts......Our host Lance got his 1st bull sprig, as did Jacob.....Then some friends joined us when we finished......One of the guys got his 1st banded duck......Hen pinny.

Love the cold crisp day.......Actually felt like hunting....... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_9995.JPG
    IMG_9995.JPG
    578.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9994.JPG
    IMG_9994.JPG
    778.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    605.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    593.7 KB · Views: 25
Holy crap...The acorns came out of the dove? How the hell did they swallow them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Congrats on the birds. I had no idea those pigeon could eat those acorns!

Jim said:
Holy crap...The acorns came out of the dove? How the hell did they swallow them.

Well, 1s off they're pigeons....... lol.......And yes, they eat those acorns. They're similar to snakes in respect to their jaws.

Doh....didn't zoom in close enough to see um. Yep...not doves. = ))

Nice work shot my first band tails this week. I have been itching to get back out for them but couldn't make it back out.

Went back up again this morning.......One of the best years ever on band-tails.......The 2 bird limit seems pretty conservative, but boy sometimes it takes a number of shots to get those two. Screaming over the ridges at Mach 2 is sporting to say the least.....3 would be nice though...... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    664.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    828.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    764.1 KB · Views: 21
alright well done, some nice photos there... Would be nice if the DFW would up the limit to more then just two per day however. But them ducks more then make up for that.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu