Pigeons for training

Baldkrash

Aug 4, 2013
My friend has a dozen cage raised pigeons. Can I take them out to the NF and train my dog? Including shooting them so he can retrieve?

Most NF areas near me do not allow any shooting except in the “lawful pursuit of game...”. I don’t know about other areas but I would make sure before going out. BLM might be a safer option.

I missed the NF part of your question.....Lots of folks go out to the IV and shoot in alfalfa fields.

Try contacting Fred (Snake charmer) at High-On Kennels.....Maybe he can work out something for you on his fields.

ps.....What kind of dog?

San Jacinto WA has a dog training area. You might inquire about shooting in the training area.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu