Pinteal scores 1st deer

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
So, I hunted the duck opener with Aaron...He told me he had a G-13 tag and asked me if I could help him with a possible public spot, where he may see some deer...He came over to the house and we went over what it takes after you get one, and where to go and to call me, if he got one...I'm pussy footing up a canyon with Jacob a few miles away, and the vibrator on the phone goes off...I tell Jacob, it's either Mike or Aaron...Sure enough it's Aaron...I got one!...We go over again, what he needs to do...Fill out tag, gut, sew back up, and drag downhill...We turn around and start walking out to help.

Now, the spot I told him about is not that easy of a walk and a pretty good distance...As we get near this public spot, I see him on the side of the road...Same area, but a different spring...I had marked it on Onyx...So, that's where he went...lol...7:00 am or so, he see's this doe walking down a ridge...241 yds and he dumps her.

Jacob and him ended up bringing the doe home and skinned her ( I stayed and hunted with Mike (4 does & 2 forkies, MCC)...We took her to Specialty Meats this morning

Congrats on that 1st deer (I was with him for his 1st turkey too)...You did a great job by yourself...:clap:

ps...For ALL you newbies...Take 2 ink pens...When I arrived and got to the deer...He had the tag on, and it was punched out...BUT, the pen he had would not write well on the crap paper California has...Don't take the chance.

.002.JPG008.JPG

Very cool I got to meet Aaron last week down at FFA when he sold my son his rifle. Stoked he could get it done on a deer.

Well done Aaron! Looks like some good eating. What I'd do to see a doe this season! lol I've been seeing sign and tracks but no deer. I only have a buck tag but still would ne nice to see a doe. Going to be back at it this weekend.

Huh? "sew back up"? You mean sew closed where he opened up the gut??

The purpose? What would he use to "sew" it? Parachord?

Nice job Aaron that first deer , the nerves, still shaking. Very happy for you

Congrats! I bet you can't wait to get your deer back from the butcher. Show us some meals you make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A job done well , you got to love it when things come together !! Tell us about your rifle and ammo you used to make it happen ?

A job done well , you got to love it when things come together !! Tell us about your rifle and ammo you used to make it happen ?
I use a Tikka T3 (Old Model) in 270 shooting the cheap Winchester Copper ammo, I dont have the box in front of me but I can check later.

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu