Planning on shooting your own video? Check out this camera it's incredible!!

S

scohen

Check out this amazing camera!! let me know what you think and if any one owns one!!

http://gopro.com/

Good Hunting .... ;D

My business partner and his friends all have them for their offroad buggies. They took this video with 3 gopro cameras then edited it all together. The camera’s mount to anything and film in HD. They are small so there is no screen or zoom. It would be cool to rig it to your bow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVjwBej_Cxc

That camera rocks!! It will be cool if you can mount it on the bow but add a small button on the bow grip so you can turn it on and off. A button like the ones they use on the AR-15 flashlights.

I am working on a marketing sponsorhip with Gopro right now and hopefully we can get some of these cameras to use in the field. I have a Epic cam that I have on my stabilizer that I like allot, It uses a sd card and is really compact and cool but it does not shoot the quailty i need.

That Gopro video was absolutely awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. I am going to order one of these for hunting and fishing.

I am by no means a book hunter but I read one time that if you have a camera mounted to your bow, you can't get the animal registered in the books because of the attached "electronic device". Is that true? How would having a camera attached to your bow provide an advantage?

Jim said:
I am by no means a book hunter but I read one time that if you have a camera mounted to your bow, you can't get the animal registered in the books because of the attached "electronic device". Is that true? How would having a camera attached to your bow provide an advantage?

I'm not sure.............Your right, that doesn’t make much sense. Like most laws, they make them vague so that they cover a wide range of things. I know the DFG law is for lights, laser dot sites, and rangefinders that are attached. In making that law years ago they most likely never thought about a harmless camera mounted. After the cameras get more popular in years to come, I’m sure someone will challenge it and they will make an exception for cameras. Wait and see I guess.

Got GoPro? I do! SoCalHunter got a promo and dropped it by my house last night. The little rig is pretty cool. I am fabricating a mount for my dog. Played with it a for a bit today. I can definitely see this thing in heavy use over the hunting season. I am going to grab another so a head cam can be utilized too.

If any of you were thinking about getting one...I think you will like it.

Santiago and I have had some time to use the Go-Pro camera. We have taken it fishing, hunting, swimming, strapped it onto the dog etc. It is a great all around camera that is perfect for the outdoors-person. The camera is easy to use and very affordable ($299).

Just wanted to give some feedback now that we have had a chance to play with it it. BuckHunter should try one of these out - he likes shooting video!

The camera comes with a plethora of mounting capabilities. You can chest mount it, where it around your head, tree stand, boat rail and on and on. it is 720P or 1080P HD. We took some underwater video of Marlin being brought to the boat down in East Cape a few weeks ago. I could have done a better job but it was very cool nonetheless.

These are my express opinions derived from my experiences - I know less than most and half as much as some! ???

I just got one last week. My wife picked it up at Best Buy for my birthday. I got the Hero 960 HD. Can't wait to try it out in Utah.

Attachments

• GoPro.jpg
    GoPro.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 45

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu