Plans for September 1st?

I decided to pass this year. This is the first year in a few years that I will be missing the dove opener. This year the 1st is a Sunday followed by one of the biggest Holidays of the year, the places I normally go, will probably be packed.

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
I decided to pass this year. This is the first year in a few years that I will be missing the dove opener. This year the 1st is a Sunday followed by one of the biggest Holidays of the year, the places I normally go, will probably be packed.
That's too bad, I am excited to has gotten permission to hunt a farm local to me this year think I am going to wait a couple more weeks to go.

Reactions: Wildgame
That's too bad, I am excited to has gotten permission to hunt a farm local to me this year think I am going to wait a couple more weeks to go.
I used to have access to a cattle-feeding ranch. I would go on a Sunday by myself when there was no one working and I would get my limits and lots of euros. Until one distanced relative of the owner started to get in the way.
The owner said, I was welcome anytime and to just text him. But I didn't feel like dealing with the one relative so I stopped asking and going. That one dude ruined it for me.

Try hunting accross the river on crit lands no crowds and good hunting.
Been there many times. Dove and quail. Power line road, great late season dove and quail. In my many, many hunts there, I have only come across one other hunter.

Last edited:
I'll probably go out back near the cattle chute and blast what I can before church while wearing church clothes. Our pastor (my wife's uncle) will probably do the same at his place.

Supposedly we're gonna have some rain that day, we'll see.

On another note. Saw geese headed south yesterday and today. Leaves are already turning here too. Could be an interesting hunting season.

Hitting the IV for the weekend with the usual group of miscreants. Seems like each year we hunt less and goof off more on the opener. But some new, younger blood has come on board and these guys don’t stop! I expect we’ll have a great time as always.

It appears I will be heading to az tomorrow.
Stop off in el Centro pick spare tires and supplies. Installed a road master , for spare tire
Rig. I believe my time here has run out

Stay away from the firing line. If it's still there. It was areal madhouse back in the day. We'll be on the other side of the river.
Use to be some one would get shot, one time , farmer got shot , after that he posted no hunting. It's the same story over and over.
Like the release days of pheasant.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu