Plantar Fascitis?

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Way to much time in the truck!!! Damn..any of you 16ers have a good cure? Got the good shoes from the foot Dr and doing the foot exercises...but holy hell this shit sucks ..left heel only. .

Freeze a water bottle and once frozen, place it on the ground and roll it back on forth with the bottom of the affected foot. I had it in both feet at the same time, but mine was tied to an auto-immune disorder I was later diagnosed with. Good luck, it's hell!

Reactions: HATCHET1
Thanks dude..and yes .it sucks!

Mr Hatchet
I had this last couple of days. Icing does help and ibuprofen, I hahave been dealing with gout as well. You will have to stay off your feet, till it heels.

Forgot to add, pick up some Dr schools spelling, arch and heal support, runs 12-22 $, your foot arch may be collapsing. Then doctor. You have time and you continue to have issues. See podiatrists. Foot doc.

All I did was heat from hard sole shoes to tennis shoes for a few weeks. All better. I might have been one of the lucky ones. Do you happen to know a good Dr. who might recommend something that may help. :)

All I did was heat from hard sole shoes to tennis shoes for a few weeks. All better. I might have been one of the lucky ones. Do you happen to know a good Dr. who might recommend something that may help. :)
I have plenty of leftover oxy...saving them for a Rainey day..falling apart ..hope I can make the archery opener in 6weeks...kinda hard to shoot a bow out of the truck...well..kinda..

Get a good pair of insoles.. I looked at the good feet store but refused to pay $400 for a pair that was not vert comfortable. I ended up going to a place in vista called the foot comfort store and the guy there was really helpful. He set me up with a pair of insoles and built them up because they didn’t have enough arch support. Pain was noticeably less in a few days and gone in a few weeks. Before I went to this place I went to my dr and a podiatrist and they gave me stretching exercises and the frozen water bottle trick and in the end the $70 insoles took care of it.

Thanks dude..I'll try anything at this point..gonna take all the advice from you all and roll with it.

Have it, only thing that fixed it for me was prescription orthotics from the Dr.(About $350)
Tried all the over the counter orthotics and frozen bottles but didn't work. The pain is ridiculous. Wait till you get a nice bout of gout, that's a blast also. Good luck.

@HATCHET1 !!!!!

Oh man, I had it for 3 years couldn’t fix it the one day I went in to the “good feet” store because of a recommendation and the old gal told me she could help, she made me walk in front of her took a measurement, I told her 10” she laughed and went in the back of the store. This gal came back put this insert in my work boot and I shit you not Matt, I walked out of there with no pain. She gave some instructions and a cuple other inserts with different sizes and told me one was for my weekend shoes and one for my shoes I wear around the house.

Life saver for sure, I think it cost me 8-900 for all three inserts and I think there lifetime warranty.

When I worked a sheet metal shop 1977, I had to stand on concrete. I went to a foot doctor, he poured cast of my feet, then made boot inserts
. My feet did much better. Back then it was expensive, $500 , i was making $2.50 an hour.
But was glad to pay it. Lately my feet like sandles. But the dreaded Achilles tendon started up. And got blind sided. Because I have not had issues in a while. $12 pro inserts solved my problem. It depends how bad off your feet are
And how long one is standing. I sit most of the day. Since retired.

I took some plywood, made some 3d triangles with skateboard tape on them. Nothing fancy just a right angle triangle. When standing around the reloading bench, sitting at a table, no matter where you can put it… just make yourself one, keep those calves stretched.
I don’t use those weird socks that keep your feet dorsiflexed when sleeping, but I will sleep with my feet off the end of my bed when/if I sleep on my stomach. I hate having blankets on my feet and never tuck in the ends of my sheets. All that keeps your ankle joint plantarflexed and leaves you more prone to tight calves=more inclined for achielies rupture and plantar fasciitis .
Stay thirsty gents!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu