Pleaseant Valley Campground Bishop Ca.

A Team

Nov 11, 2019
Word of caution folks , Bishop Ca is changig and not for the best.

Made a stop in Bishop and stayed the night at Pleaeant Vally Reservior as I've done for years. It's always been a pretty quite place to air the dogs and catch a few fish before heading into Nevada.

This time we were harrased by what appeared to be a woman who was down on her luck . Made for interesting afternoon , after she told my partnr and I that her group had voted and and they wanted me to leave the campground or they would call the authorities ? , she then started admiring my dogs and we got a dinner invite, we politely declined the dinner invite , wrappped up our night , woke early and moved on.

I did manage to get some fishing in but sad to see the campground going this route.

While I was there I heard of cars being broke into a Rock Creek lake. In years past you could literally leave your tackle in your boat on the lake overnight without a thought.

Just a heads up.

his time we were harrased by what appeared to be a woman who was down on her luck . Made for interesting afternoon , after she told my partnr and I that her group had voted and and they wanted me to leave the campground or they would call the authorities ? , she then started admiring my dogs and we got a dinner invite, we politely declined the dinner invite , wrappped up our night , woke early and moved on.
what was their rational?

his time we were harrased by what appeared to be a woman who was down on her luck . Made for interesting afternoon , after she told my partnr and I that her group had voted and and they wanted me to leave the campground or they would call the authorities ? , she then started admiring my dogs and we got a dinner invite, we politely declined the dinner invite , wrappped up our night , woke early and moved on.
what was their rational?
I believe their rational was that my dogs were too loud and disturbing their peace. My dogs can be loud during feeding time and aring time , and I travel with 14 dogs, but they do not bark consitantly and they do not bark through night and further more they ae no more annoying than multiple generators purring throughout the day and night.

She made a comment that she was on "vacation" I couldn't help think , vacation from what ?????

OK time out, the most interesting thing in this story was the woman wanting you to leave right up to " I travel with 14 dogs"

First bs with out pics and what the heck that's a lot of dogs!!!!

I train and campaign field trial labradors.

I travel to Fallon Nevada most every Memeorial day holiday , they usually put on a pretty field trial and our dogs usually run pretty good up there.

So that should answer the 14 dogs part of your question. And not a lot of time to snap photos of crazies .

ohhhhh

in my head you had 14 mutts running amuck at a camp site

would freaking LOVE to see some pics from the trials.... you can add that to the list of things i want to get into.

Reactions: CRABBY
What kind of campground is this where folks think they can vote others out?

Surely there are campground rules and if you were following them, the lady was SOL.

What kind of campground is this where folks think they can vote others out?

Surely there are campground rules and if you were following them, the lady was SOL.

If it's Pleasant Valley campground below the lake and on the Owens...It ain't much of campground...No camp host or anything like that...Basically, dirt camping.

Seems no mater when you go there is always one person who just ain't right. It never fails on the charter or open party boats, always one. Hell sometimes I'm the one. :blush:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu