POCKET KNIFE

I have been carrying the 556 Mini Griptilian by Benchmade. It is an amazing knife - sharp like a razor and beautifully made.

Modified Drop-Point Blade with Ambidextrous Thumb-Stud Opener.

AXIS® Locking Mechanism with Dual Thumb-Stud Opener

154CM Stainless Steel Blade (58-61HRC)

Valox® Handle with 420J Stainless Steel Liners and a Reversible Steel Pocket Clip

Attachments

• 556.jpg
    556.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 141
The Havalons are great knives for skinning and capping super sharp replaceable scalpels. Random shot gave me one last year to tryout.
Not so much for an everyday carry knife,blades are to flexible.
I was thinking something along the lines of what you guys are talking about (the griptilian)

You wont be disappointed with the 556 Mini Griptilian by Benchmade . They open with a flick of the wrist, are built rock solid and scary sharp!

Knives of Alaska for the last 4 years and just got a Benchmade 810. Both are a little to big for the pocket everyday but work well on deer.

Attachments

• IMAG1509.jpg
    IMAG1509.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
For everyday use I carry a benchmade Griptilian (full size) and I love it! Mine is a half sarated d2 blade. When in the field I also bring a gerber fixed blade with a gut hook. I can't remember the exact model but its something along the lines of Ergo hunter. I have not used it yet but I think it will do the trick.

I'm a fan of the Benchmade Griptillian series as well. Great knives for the weight. That said, I've been carrying around an Emerson CQC-7 for the better part of the last decade. The are a little pricey to purchase, but they take a licking. Shop around a bit and you can find a good deal. Nice blade size, good weight (under 4 oz.) and hold an edge well. The chisel grind on these makes sharpening a breeze.
http://www.emersonknives.com/ekCQC7b_BT.php

The old school Buck 110's are great knives no matter how you slice it. A little heavy for a pocket knife though...

CRKT Makes some reel nice and durable knifes. If u want just small in the pocket (K.I.S.S. in the Dark - Designed by Ed Halligan) or a little bigger the(M16-10KZ - Tanto - Designed by Kit Carson ) They are not a usa made benchmade but they are a lot less and still real good quality.

Althought I might be new to hunting, I've carried several knives throughout my military carreer I have carried benchmade and became big fan of their products. Currently I decided to buy CRKT's
M21 and I've been really happy with the quality of the knife. I am use to carrying tactical knives so I am not sure if their application would serve your purpose but here is the link to their website.

http://www.crkt.com/M2104

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu