Possible mountain lion around Cal State San Marcos

Interesting thread. Seen two Mountain Lions in the same week two seasons back in D16. I was able to watch both of them for well over a half hour. One was set up overlooking a deer trail and the other was making his way down to a water source. Neither one ever knew I was on top of them. I always carry Bear Mace. It will work on a Mountain Lion. Guys were bumping into them on Palomar Mountain last season. Keep your head on a swivel. They like to attack from behind and go for the neck. Always best to see them out in front of you.

John

Yea they are definitely there. Went to school there 7 years ago and saw multiple sighting of them late at night when I’d be doing lab work there around 2 am. They’d usually be on the tail of a deer that I had just seen minutes earlier.

They definetly need vet blood tests and weekly feedings like condors. Oh my god, save the kitties!!!!
!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu