Post pictures of your favorite or best game accomplishments!

Nice pics Jim! :eek: Great job socal, those bears are huge! and ur right, shane's bear is ugly! :D :D

All of my archery animals from the past 3 years.

Attachments

• bear pic SCH.jpg
    bear pic SCH.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 79
  • bear pic SCH 2.jpg
    bear pic SCH 2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 2010 buck.jpg
    2010 buck.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 2010 buck SCH.jpg
    2010 buck SCH.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 74
breacher said:
All of my archery animals from the past 3 years.

Wow... what a great picture with the bear! I think you should share the story of that hunt on the Main SCH Website.

Papi

josec said:
Well, I've never hunted any big game like that, but here are a few that are on my " Before I die list". :D :D :D. Next year will be my first time ever putting for out of state hunts. I usually just hunt local.

Hey Jose good luck on that out of state hunt! Mexicali sounds like a fun place to shoot.... suerte hermano.

Papi

just big game so i will leave the duck pics out :p

unguided archery bull from Montana. Was the first week of the season and the rut was not full blast yet so the bulls were not exactly making it easy. we were walking back to camp when a faint bugle rang out!!! game on. We double timed it in the direction of the sound and got maybe 200 yards away from the edge of the property to find the bull about 60 yards on the wrong side of the fence. He was all alone and not doing much. Every 15 min or so he would belt out a bugle and rub on a tree. My dad and were hung up with very little cover to the fence line. Getting both of us down to the fence and hid was going to be impossible so we did Rock Paper scissors to see who was going to make the 200 yard stalk to the fence. I won! so i slipped down to the fence and got behind a small lil pine and let out a soft cow call, Nothing not even a look in my direction. The Bull stayed about 60 yards on the wrong side and behind a bunch of small pines. I figured i would try a lil squeal to fake a young bull and back it up with a come get me cow call, Nothing not even a bugle back. I motioned for my dad to give a couple of cow calls to mimic the cows walking away to see if we could drag him up, Nothing again! Ok so lets challenge him with a big bad bugle and i rip it off pointed right at this guy, Nothing again! this goes on for almost two hours. It's mid day and hot and this dude is just not motivated. The temptation of trespassing is HUGE at this point but i gave my word to the land owner i would not do it. The next move makes my heart sink. The bull turns his ass to me and starts to walk away. There is a short rise and after that the bull will drop out of sight and this encounter will be over. So in a panic i grab a big branch laying next to me and i proceed to beat the lil pine i am using for cover. Raking and scraping the limb as hard as i can while i let out immature sounding squeal from my diaphragm call. ( no matter how good hand held calls get you can not duplicate the sounds and the ability to call hands free that a diaphragm call gives you) So here i am panicking and making a huge racket and guess what the bull does. He stops and turns his head and fires back a huge oh no you didn't just do that bugle. So amazed at what i had just got him to do i kept at it. trying to not give up my location but still make noise. The bull drops his head and starts to walk in the direction of the fence. Now this might seem good but my scent is blowing right down the fence line and if the bull jumps the fence down wind of me i will be busted for sure. So instead of taking a bee line for me he lines up 40 yards down the fence and in one big HOP jumps the fence. Do or die i drew as the bull was mid air and as soon as he landed i let a 125gr rocky mountain iron head rip. The shot rips though the bull and he takes off full speed right at my father who was watching all this take place. My dad pops up from behind the lil bush he was behind and waves his arms fearing the bull would run him down. The big bull does a instantaneous left stumbles falls and pops up. The power of a bull elk is something you can not appreciate till you see one at full speed close up. After he popped up he trots slow away and piles up. My dad got to see me stick a 5x5 bull and even help call it, It does not get better than that. A week later i got to call in my dads first archery bull and watch him stick it at 10 yards but that is a story for another day :) this was the year 2000
elkbig.jpg

Thanks Papi! :D :D. Sounds wierd! :D But Mexicali is fun. They all kinds of birds out there. I'll be making a trip out there soon. :)

Great story Bill. Awesome you and your Dad got to share such great times in the field together.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu