Poway Fish Derby

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Poway had their annual youth trout fish derby this weekend, so I took my older two kids out. Getting my son (6) ready to do anything is like herding cats except when it comes to fishing. He got his clothes out the night before and his internal clock woke him up an hour before we planned to leave. it is amazing. Up at 4:30 am, got dressed then came to check on me at 5am to make sure I was up.

Poway loads up fish for this derby and no one can fish leading up to it so they get hungry. Long story short, kids absolutely had a blast but only needed 7 casts to catch 6 trout.

Both kids left feeling so accomplished.

47038844-0D94-47A9-AAD9-F5DC099928DD.jpeg8FE02EBB-40DB-47C3-905D-70908F8FCA8E.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu