Practicing

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
If your lucky enough to draw a quality archery deer or elk tag out west there's a good chance you may be on your way to the hunt of a lifetime.. You may have to take shots at 60 yards or better.But even if you can close the gap to a chip shot,there's 3 pieces of advice I'd like to give you. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE...

Hey Jeff,
I have to ask if there is more to that? Sounds like there may be a story behind it.

Also on a side note I heard the Row family boated over half the fish for the boat on your fishing trip. NICE JOB

Yea we hammered the fish.Every freezer we have is jam-packed with deer,elk and yellowfin..There's a bit more to the story.I put client from Minnesota on a 330-335" bull opening (literally 15 minutes into the hunt),we closed the gap to 35 Yards without calling.He shot the bull in the leg,the bull actually bled pretty well and we waited three hours and trailed him for 2 miles until we blew him out of his bed and we were done.The hunt got tough quick with little bugling so I decided to have him sit a wallow during the day.On the second day of sitting a giant bull with a bunch of trash points comes in and wallows for 15 minutes and when the bull stands he shoots over him at 45 yards..The guy went home with nothing,should have taken home a trophy bull..PRACTICE!!

You may want to add JR to shoot at 3D targets that are similar in size to what you're gonna be hunting. You may not always have the time to range especially on a spot and stock. How's Jeffries guiding going?

Lungpopper said:
I agree with the practice practice practice.
But for some people it's tough to concentrate on the shot when you have pee running down your leg.

I wonder if Lungpopper is speaking from experience? :-\

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu